PDA

View Full Version : MS Intellimouse Explore sluggish

joetronic
Dec 20, 2004, 09:23 PM
I stole the intelli Mouse explorer from my wifes pc to see it i would be interested in buying one. It seems very sluggish. its very unresponsive, and the scroll wheel is really chopy. Its not like this on any of the PC's we have. could it be that there is some software i need to get from Microsoft like it comeswith for Windows. I really like the feel of this mouse, but want to make sure its gonna work right before I fish out the money for it. i thought it might be a memeory issue, but then i remembered this system has 2gigs of ram, and I'm only running cmino, Mail, and itunes. any suggestions.

Thanks
joe

joetronic
Dec 20, 2004, 09:40 PM
well, I found intelliPoint 5.1 at microsoft. but go figure the ink i broken right now...... \ :p

jsw
Dec 20, 2004, 09:43 PM
Try going here (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx).

You should be able to download IntelliPoint 5.0 of OS X, no problem. I have no idea what's different in 5.1, but I just verified the 5.0 download (Intellimouse Explorer, non-wireless, Mac OS X, English).

joetronic
Dec 21, 2004, 06:57 AM
Even though its for the non-wireless, should it work with the wireless?

Scottyk9
Dec 21, 2004, 07:59 AM
Have you tried mousezoom (versiontracker)?

jsw
Dec 21, 2004, 09:33 AM
Even though its for the non-wireless, should it work with the wireless?
Perhaps, but you probably need the wireless version....

joetronic
Dec 21, 2004, 11:28 AM
Have you tried mousezoom (versiontracker)?

no..... I will try that, and it looks like the link to the intellipoint 5.1 is still broke. The 5.0 mentioned by jsw does not work with the wireless.

on another note, can anyone suggest a good wireless mouse. Preferbly under or around 50 bucks. I like the feel of this one, but if I can't get it to work correctly I am going to give up and buy somethign else.