Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ITS ME DAVID

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
Pasadena, Ca
i know which imac i want its a i5 late 09 model but i was wondering if i wait till black friday will i save even more money and or possible get a 2010 i5 for about $1500 rather then the price tag of $2k right now.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
If you're planning on buying the 2010 model you might as wait until black Friday to get it. Then again, you're probably only going to save $100 from a black Friday deal, not that much of a savings considering that if you buy it as an educational purchase today you save $100 to begin with.

ITS ME DAVID

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
Pasadena, Ca
If you're planning on buying the 2010 model you might as wait until black Friday to get it. Then again, you're probably only going to save $100 from a black Friday deal, not that much of a savings considering that if you buy it as an educational purchase today you save $100 to begin with.

I thought so.
Does Apple even do Black Friday sales? I doubt retailers will discount Macs

I was afraid of this.

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
Refurb

Your best value comes from refurbished models. My last Mac was a refurb and it was a good deal. I was able to buy more than I was normally able to afford because of that.

I planned on getting the corei7 2009 model as a refurb last June but the wife surprised me with a brand new one so I guess I wasn't going to argue.

Been a good machine but it saves you several hundred.

ITS ME DAVID

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
Pasadena, Ca
I have found amazon and b&h to sell brand new models off the same apple refurbished models for same and or $50 cheaper and offer no tax and free shipping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.