PDA

View Full Version : Cases longevity

My name is Alex
Sep 20, 2010, 11:56 PM
So you guys have had the iPad for nearly the year now, I was just wondering if after all this time how your cases are holding up, especially the official apple case, thanks!:apple:

Nhwhazup
Sep 21, 2010, 03:24 AM
So you guys have had the iPad for nearly the year now, I was just wondering if after all this time how your cases are holding up, especially the official apple case, thanks!:apple:

The iPads came out in the US this past June, so we're looking at maybe 4 months. I joined this forum in search of a replacement for my Apple case. I really loved the Apple case and had no problem with it until recently. I was a constant cleaner as I hated the smudges that would collect on the case. I was able to clean it and have it look brand new until just recently. It doesn't really look worn or anything but no matter what I do it won't come 100% clean anymore. Maybe I cleaned it too much. Still durable but no longer cleanable and that's after using it for just over 3 months.

I've tried many cases and returned them quickly if they didn't work for me. So I really can't speak much to their durability. I did have one case, the Yoobao Version 2 that had puffed up and warped covers after only 3 days of use. I think the inner cardboard didn't work out with their original design.

sracer
Sep 21, 2010, 06:12 AM
I've had my Macally Bookstand for a little over 3 months. It is holding up extremely well. No stains, no frayed stitching.

prot0type
Sep 21, 2010, 06:16 AM
The iPads came out in the US this past June

April ;)

If anything, I know a few people who scored a launch day iPad and case and their case still looks like it's holding up nicely.

My name is Alex
Sep 21, 2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the replies, I was just wondering if they held up that's all, because some of them look a bit fragile. I'm probably just gonna get the apple case. First off, it'll probably one of the first ones out changed specifically for second gen. iPad:), and the apple employees will probably be all in my face about it, pressuring me to buy it. Oh well, I like the colour black:D:apple: