Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

My name is Alex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2010
Gold Coast, Australia
So you guys have had the iPad for nearly the year now, I was just wondering if after all this time how your cases are holding up, especially the official apple case, thanks!:apple:

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
So you guys have had the iPad for nearly the year now, I was just wondering if after all this time how your cases are holding up, especially the official apple case, thanks!:apple:

The iPads came out in the US this past June, so we're looking at maybe 4 months. I joined this forum in search of a replacement for my Apple case. I really loved the Apple case and had no problem with it until recently. I was a constant cleaner as I hated the smudges that would collect on the case. I was able to clean it and have it look brand new until just recently. It doesn't really look worn or anything but no matter what I do it won't come 100% clean anymore. Maybe I cleaned it too much. Still durable but no longer cleanable and that's after using it for just over 3 months.

I've tried many cases and returned them quickly if they didn't work for me. So I really can't speak much to their durability. I did have one case, the Yoobao Version 2 that had puffed up and warped covers after only 3 days of use. I think the inner cardboard didn't work out with their original design.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I've had my Macally Bookstand for a little over 3 months. It is holding up extremely well. No stains, no frayed stitching.

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
The iPads came out in the US this past June

April ;)

If anything, I know a few people who scored a launch day iPad and case and their case still looks like it's holding up nicely.

My name is Alex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2010
Gold Coast, Australia
Thanks for the replies, I was just wondering if they held up that's all, because some of them look a bit fragile. I'm probably just gonna get the apple case. First off, it'll probably one of the first ones out changed specifically for second gen. iPad:), and the apple employees will probably be all in my face about it, pressuring me to buy it. Oh well, I like the colour black:D:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.