Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hieuky

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Hello!

Yesterday, I have downloaded Parallels Desktop to my Macbook Pro, and my brother brought a CD of Windows 7 to install there. At first, in the coherence mode, the taskbar was working amazingly until I turned off my computer. When I turned it back on, Windows 7 started to run, and the taskbar started to disappear and reappear after awhile. Then I restarted Parallels, then the taskbar completely disappeared. I have tried to modify its settings, and it still didn't work. So, I changed the coherence mode to window one, the taskbar was there. And then I changed it back to coherence, it disappeared again.

What should I do to get it back in the coherence mode?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
There's a preference in the VM settings that controls whether or not the Windows taskbar is auto-hidden or not in Coherence mode. Try toggling it.

hieuky

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Thank you very much for your reply. I did follow your instructions, yet it did not help. However, what I did was to disable the Crystal Mode (not sure if it actually matters, I'm still a newbie) -- and I noticed that the Parallels Desktop icon on my Mac dock looking different. So, I right clicked it, and there was an option to "Show Windows Taskbar" in the 'View' section and it finally worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.