PDA

View Full Version : OpenCL on ATI Radeon HD 5750

TKV
Sep 21, 2010, 02:39 AM
Im currently developing a application in OpenCL where I have the need to use byte addressessing (cl_khr_byte_addressable_store).

I know this is a OpenCL 1.1 feature but I see that this extention is implemented on every NVIDIA card I have tried but none of the ATI card.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get cl_khr_byte_addressable_store on ATI cards (maby some driverupdate?)

Cromulent
Sep 21, 2010, 03:08 AM
Im currently developing a application in OpenCL where I have the need to use byte addressessing (cl_khr_byte_addressable_store).

I know this is a OpenCL 1.1 feature but I see that this extention is implemented on every NVIDIA card I have tried but none of the ATI card.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get cl_khr_byte_addressable_store on ATI cards (maby some driverupdate?)

Driver updates come when Apple update the OS. So either install all the latest updates from Software Update, or if you already have, wait for Apple to release Mac OS X 10.6.5.

If they don't include it then you will most likely have to wait for Apple to support OpenCL 1.1 which I doubt will happen before 10.7.0 is released.