PDA

View Full Version : What are features that You WANT in a 1st person shooter but they just dont exist?

teabgs
Aug 24, 2002, 03:56 PM
I was just thinking that 1st person shooters are all very similar. I was wondering if there were features that you'd like to see in a Shooter that dont exist...?

Also, are there things that you think need to be made better?

Thanx. :D

Haberdasher
Aug 24, 2002, 11:37 PM
1. Okay, I don't know about you, but I don't make any "huh" sound when I jump. Just my legs hitting the ground will do fine.

2. Most guys burdened with an arsenal of weaponry ranging from portable tactical nukes to a pocketable rocket launcher would feel compelled to walk slower and/or not be able to carry this stuff in the first place.

3. Plot. And, um...plot.

4. More team type games, with you and a squad/teammates. I'm tired of missions where you enter, and it just so happens that you're the only one in a 50 mile radius and are also the only person able to eliminate an army a few hundred fold your size. More teamwork!

5. AI that consistently misses with realistic weaponry. I don't think of advanced AI as enemies that can nail you with a pistol headshot 200 yards away while you are crouched and in semi-darkness (*cough* ROGUE SPEAR *cough*). I call that lame and not fun. It becomes a matter of reflexes.

6. If I hear any more bots telling me "You like that?", I think I'll throw my computer out the window. Or maybe just kill the bot.

How's that? :D

teabgs
Aug 25, 2002, 01:29 AM
I liked those comments a lot...I agree with most (if not all of them).

As for #2...the game would be kinda lame if you could hardly move with all the weaponry, but I do see your point...

I'm wondering why more people dont have ideas...Maybe its cause its the weekend...?

well #1 and #5 are big problems I hate a lot too...I also hate Bad voice acting A LOT!

Anybody else got anything....?

Durandal7
Aug 25, 2002, 01:35 AM
C'mon folks, throw us a bone here. It's for a good cause.

I've always wanted to play in one massive cityscape, instead of constantly getting shuffled from section to section. Also the game physics always seem to defy reality.

As for #5 I must have heard that line thousands of times in UT :rolleyes:

job
Aug 25, 2002, 01:27 PM
Two words :

Deus Ex.

Most of the issues mentioned above are addressed in Deus Ex. Hopefully DX2 will be just as good.

MacMaster
Aug 25, 2002, 01:53 PM
The things that I would really like to see are more team based single player and more team based mulitplayer! That would make me infinitely happy!:)

Haberdasher
Aug 25, 2002, 02:17 PM
I agree about Deus Ex-I have it, and have beaten it twice. My favorite FPS, most definitely. I just wish more could be like it.

job
Aug 25, 2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Haberdasher
I just wish more could be like it.

indeed.

i would like to see more of a rpg/fps combo like deus ex, with character depth and development and heavy basis on story.

many shooters since quake 2 were only interested in the gore factor. half-life was interesting, however it was wholly linear and had no character development to speak of.

less scripted events would also be nice.

Durandal7
Aug 25, 2002, 02:27 PM
OK, then what are features that aren't in ANY FPS (not even Deus Ex) that you would like to see?

job
Aug 25, 2002, 02:36 PM
open endings.

less emphasis on scripting, more AI and random happenings.

free flowing gameplay; large open environs, less emphasis on the sewer/dark hallway/space ship combos.

ability to play the way you want to play, not the way the developers decided.

and i take it that you guys are fishing for public opinion for CS. ;)

AmbitiousLemon
Aug 25, 2002, 03:36 PM
ive always been bothered by the poor movement of the player. ever line up a shot fire your rocket launcher and have it hit the rock you are behind. its so frustrating because you are like 'if this was real life i would have known i was pointed at a rock.'

the rainbow series is pretty good. decent team work and story. but open ended story lines and better troop control woudl make it better.

i would like to be able to do things that i could do in real life such as peak around corners. fire my gun around a corner . climb trees. drive vehicles i find. blast holes in things and move through it. sometimes you can do these things but tehy are in special circumstances and are totally scripted.

more focus on outdoor rather than indoor fighting. the hallway maze thing is pretty stupid.

no more fliping switches/puzzle type games. tactics in troop movements shoudl be where you use your brain bot to solve riddles and puzzles.

id like to see more war type fps games rather than special ops. i want to storm the beaches on d day. special ops are fun too, but id like to be with my toon in vietman as well.

someone mentioned AI having perfect aim, thats a very annoying thing. the AI should be just as skilled as you.

the AI should be smarter though. it shouldnt move along a single predetermined path. it should introduce a random element, so all those save and restarts you do dont leave you knowing exactly where everyone is and where they will move.

support for multiple and wide screens so that you have greater peripheral vision. imagine 3 17" monitors that give you a full 180 view.

id like control on more levels than the first person. maybe this leaves the realm of fps, but i like how in rainbow6 you can have some troop movement control. seems like you could even step that open an additional level have control of multiple platoons that you have trained equipped and planned their mission. with multiple player multiple platoons each person controling several AIs as well and storming the beaches on D Day that could get very interesting.

realistic physics and injuries. the computer shoudl have basic newtonian physics in it. it should calculate shapnal and artillary trajectories. it should map a person inside and out and be able to create realistic wounds. you get hit the bullet bounces off a bone and hits a lung. slowly suffocating you. map the organs and calculate trajectories of weapons fire. actually have bullets moving instead of point and kill.

map scenary in a similiar fashion giving physics sets to trees, and buildings. architects assign stress factors and physics in their 3d modeling, similiar tech should be used to build a building from parts rather than several planes with textures mapped across it. make it out of wood if it is a wood building and use physics sets for woods. etc.

this would take some serious computing power but i think top of the line modern x86 machines could deal with it. but what the hell do i know.

D0ct0rteeth
Aug 25, 2002, 03:43 PM
i would love to see a dues ex based game based in 1930's chicago with a godfather/ millers crossing mafia feel.

make it osx native and it would make a killing...

add a good multiplayer engine and start your own gang online and it would be unstoppable... im doing some character designs now...

mmm.. i gotta go see road to perdition now...

C-

ImAlwaysRight
Aug 25, 2002, 04:30 PM
Does anybody on this forum have Return to Castle Wolfenstein? There is practically no discussion about it. I haven't tried Deus Ex, and I have Medal of Honor, but when I have time to play a FPS I just keep going back to RTCW and haven't even installed MOA.

I think the multiplayer online part of RTCW is awesome. The only way to describe it is addicting. Teamplay is necessary. Without team play you will loose. When you carry weaponry it is realistic. You are only allowed one weapon besides your pistol. Carry a machine gun and you can move pretty well. Carry a rocket launcher or flame thrower (or other big weapon) and you run like molasses. Switching to your pistol helps, but then it takes a couple seconds to switch to your big gun. If the enemy surprises you and they are good you'll be dead in less than 2 seconds.

Like I said, multiplayer in RTCW is the best. You know a game is good when you've been playing a looooong time and you wonder what time it is. But you keep telling yourself "just one more game." Then pretty soon you hear the birds chirping and you look toward the window and see it is starting to get light outside. Then you know it is going to be a long day at work...

Haberdasher
Aug 25, 2002, 05:10 PM
I suggest you install Medal of Honor. I have both RTCW and MOH, and after playing MOH, I haven't touched RTCW since. :D

Once you beat single player though, because of its reliance on scripting, replayability is limited and the multiplayer is pretty bad. If all you're into is multiplayer though, stick with MOH.

My 2 cents.

vitruvius
Aug 25, 2002, 05:51 PM
i would like to comunicate with other players with my own voice instead of typing on the keyboard:D

Haberdasher
Aug 25, 2002, 07:16 PM
Roger Wilco, vitruvirus, Roger Wilco.

I can't remember if this thing was cancelled or not for the Mac. I think it was taken over by another company and they discontinued the Mac version. I'm pretty sure though someone is developing an OSX native Roger Wilco LIKE program.

Can anyone help me out here?

bousozoku
Aug 25, 2002, 07:31 PM
How about a glove with a gun and various settings?

It would be so nice to be able to point at the screen the same way we did in the 8-bit days to shoot the bad guyz. Maybe it wasn't amazing then, but it felt better than aiming a mouse and firing a mouse button.

I like the plot in Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force single player. It's still a bit restrictive but not bad.

I've only had Return to Castle Wolfenstein about a week and it's a great effort but lacks an interesting plot, if there is any.

Durandal7
Aug 25, 2002, 08:26 PM
What I've always wanted is a game where you get to fling animal dung and pies at clowns and senators.

Who's with me?!

Mr. Anderson
Aug 25, 2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by asurace
What I've always wanted is a game where you get to fling animal dung and pies at clowns and senators.

Who's with me?!

sorry, that was lame, no set up, just right out there ....

jelloshotsrule
Aug 25, 2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
i would like to be able to do things that i could do in real life such as peak around corners. fire my gun around a corner . climb trees. drive vehicles i find. blast holes in things and move through it. sometimes you can do these things but tehy are in special circumstances and are totally scripted.

id like to see more war type fps games rather than special ops. i want to storm the beaches on d day. special ops are fun too, but id like to be with my toon in vietman as well.

realistic physics and injuries. the computer shoudl have basic newtonian physics in it. it should calculate shapnal and artillary trajectories. it should map a person inside and out and be able to create realistic wounds. you get hit the bullet bounces off a bone and hits a lung. slowly suffocating you. map the organs and calculate trajectories of weapons fire. actually have bullets moving instead of point and kill.

wow, that first paragraph (that i quoted) is right on the money. all that stuff is big. it's just it must be very tough to do... that and the last paragraph about the wounds and also the buildings taking damage... you'd really really have to get into the physics of everything, which must be very tough and detailed... but would be amazing. and if a company did it, they could probably just reuse it for future games... and it'd be well worth it (to me)...

as for storming the beaches on d-day.... medal of honor has that. and it's pretty damn intense... though as you said, the team control would make it cooler... have some commands to get them to cover you, to toss a grenade from ahead of you to take out a gunner, etc... all that would rule

as would poo and pies

oh, and if i could be ralph nader in the game. taking on the senators... i'd buy it right now.

spinner
Aug 25, 2002, 09:20 PM
I agree with a lot of what has been said already and have a couple of my own items.

It needs to have a decent story line and some character depth.

Real world weapons with real world options. Example: M16A2 can be fired as semi-automatic or 3-round burst, AT4 anti-tank weapon uses an armor piercing high explosive projectile and is SINGLE USE, also when a missle launcher like the AT4 is fired there is a backblast area which if you are dumb enough to stand in you can be injured or killed.

It is important to pay attention to detail if you are using real weapons, for instance cycle rates (round per minute) Example: an M60 machine gun cycles at a slower rate than an M16 (500-600 compared to 800 approx.) also the M60 has a much greater effective range than the M16 does.

If you want to use made up weapons, just keep in mind the laws of Physics and common sense. Example: automatic weapons can only cycle so fast before they begin to jamb up on spent brass.

And lastly a personal request. How about some claymore mines with real world range and results. Bot burger anyone? (Yes, claymores have a backblast area too)

jelloshotsrule
Aug 25, 2002, 09:25 PM
i'm not sure if this exists yet... but it came to mind. not a huge deal but...

with bullets. for instance, say you have a six shooter (for simplicity). you have 36 bullets total. with 6 in. if you shoot 2 bullets and then reload (rather than waiting til the clip is empty) then you lose those 4 bullets. thus, even though you had 4 bullets left in the clip when you reloaded, you can't use them. so now you have 30 total bullets.... instead of most games where you'd have 34....

of course this would only apply to guns that you can't just load bullet/cartridge one at a time like a magnum type gun or a shotgun...

just for realism is all...

are there any games that do that?
i know in medal of honor with one of the guns you just can't reload before your clip runs out, but haven't seen anything like i suggested... word

Draft
Aug 25, 2002, 10:44 PM
One of the coolest things that I've seen in games, especially multiplayer games, was in Halo. It's great how you can drive the vehicle, while someone else shoots the turrit. This can be applied to so many situations too. A cooperative effort between 2 or more team members, needed to accomplish a goal, or just kill everything that moves! Being able to function as one presents a whole new challenge to team play.

Draft

ImAlwaysRight
Aug 26, 2002, 08:36 AM
I suggest you install Medal of Honor. I have both RTCW and MOH, and after playing MOH, I haven't touched RTCW since. :D

Once you beat single player though, because of its reliance on scripting, replayability is limited and the multiplayer is pretty bad. If all you're into is multiplayer though, stick with MOH.

My 2 cents.
I've read several user reviews that the single player in MOH is better than RTCW. I think mainly cuz zombies and stuff are not realistic. But, it was mildly entertaining. Although plot was weak on RTCW, I don't expect much from a FPS.

I've also read user reviews that consistently say RTCW is better than MOH for multi-player. So Haberdasher, you'd disagree with this, huh? Guess I'll have to install MOH and go through single player and they try out the multi-play and decide for myself.

mischief
Aug 26, 2002, 10:57 AM
2 words: Muzzle climb. Oni was excellent for it's pistol-climb. When you cap off a large muzzle-energy firearm that sucker jumps. If you'r using a CAWS sfully Auto- shotgun you can expect it to be vertical after 3 rounds and flip out of your hand at 4.

Also: Guns are REALLY LOUD. If you'r firing an AK-47 in a concrete hallway 3' wide and only 8' high: You'll be DEAF for a few minutes and most likely stunned for a few seconds.

mischief
Aug 26, 2002, 01:12 PM
Having what amounts to a cloned meat-puppet is just lame. I want skills, abilities and stats. How about an RPG style character sheet? Why is it that map-based games are synonimous with RPG's and 1st person games are synonimous with mindless violence?

Mr. Anderson
Aug 26, 2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by mischief
Having what amounts to a cloned meat-puppet is just lame. I want skills, abilities and stats. How about an RPG style character sheet? Why is it that map-based games are synonimous with RPG's and 1st person games are synonimous with mindless violence?

what you're basically talking about here is the evolution of video games. As technology progresses, more depth can be added. For a while just having the lush 3D worlds was enough. Its going to come back around to a point where the 3D is taken for granted that it has to really good, but what will set things apart is the teamwork/AI/replayability/intelligence of the game.

Bascially its only going to get better as 100s of millions of dollars is spent to develop new games. And as the technology gets better, the realism is given room to increase without affecting the speed of the game.

D

Haberdasher
Aug 26, 2002, 04:21 PM
I meant to say that MOH multiplayer is bad, and that you should stick with RTCW multiplayer. MOH is good for single player. I'm posting again because arguments start to get confusing if you edit previous posts.

So no Imalwaysright, I agree with the reviews.

bousozoku
Aug 26, 2002, 07:27 PM

Hey! I like my mindless violence. It takes my mind off, well...everything. :D

ImAlwaysRight
Aug 27, 2002, 08:44 AM
I meant to say that MOH multiplayer is bad, and that you should stick with RTCW multiplayer. MOH is good for single player. I'm posting again because arguments start to get confusing if you edit previous posts.

So no Imalwaysright, I agree with the reviews.
Danke. Oops. The enemy is weakened!

RTCW has got to be the best multiplayer. I'll admit, it is the only multiplayer I've ever done. But I've literally played for 12 hours straight and still wanted more!

mischief
Aug 27, 2002, 11:22 AM
Much as I hate to interrupt a game review: Could you just tell us what you wish a 1st person shooter could do that nobody's done yet?

Thanx.;) :rolleyes: :D :cool:

Captnroger
Aug 27, 2002, 04:13 PM
Take a look at Halo...I want baddies to shoot that have personalities...

"He's HEEERREEEEE"
"Lookout, GRANADE!"

I also:

-Want to drive things and also be able to do it in MP as well. Halo MP is just great!

-In games like Quake, CS, UT, I'd like to see a fatigue meter, so that others can't just hop around like mad all the time. After awhile they'd get tired and couldn't jump for a while.

-Some sort of jungle FPS where instead of guns you have things like whips, blowguns, boomarangs, etc..., and can swing from trees and such.

-Want a great new MP game. I dunno what, I just want something new!

AmbitiousLemon
Aug 27, 2002, 04:17 PM
i think one thing that would be nice in a fps would be hand to hand combat options (for covert missions or when you just run out of ammo). Oni (not a first person shooter really) did a good job combining weapons with hand to hand. I woudl like to see that adapted to the FPS genre.

Spike Spiegel
Aug 27, 2002, 04:58 PM
game companies try to target the largest possible demographic while still trying to include new technology. They dont want a gmae that only a select few could run. Realistically, i would like to see a WWII based game with realistic weapon physics like in America's Army. Squad based objectives, but have each class be responsible for a separate objective, similar to RTCW but more so. A Very detailed hit model, im talking DOOM III per-pixel hits. Better sound, war is not quiet. MOH has come close, but some of the sounds are a little unrealistic, there needs to be amazingly loud gunfire, explosions should stress the subwoofer. better physics, not as detailed as say organ mapping and real life architecture in the near future, but definately better particle counts and effects. Fewer scripted events/deaths/explosions; fighting should be random and different everytime. improved AI, and slightly less tweaked enemy marksmanship, they werent ALL snipers. Also, not a hugely important thing, it would be cool to be able to look down and see your body/check for wounds that might need bandaging. Lemon, while oni did a good job integrating hand to hand combat into the game, the shooting sucked, and, unfortunately so did the game. Vehicles would be cool too, in MP. Also..........no, i guess im done:)

MacMaster
Aug 27, 2002, 05:21 PM
I really want to play AA[America's Army] on my mac!:( :mad:

AmbitiousLemon
Aug 27, 2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by weezerophile
Lemon, while oni did a good job integrating hand to hand combat into the game, the shooting sucked, and, unfortunately so did the game. Vehicles would be cool too, in MP. Also..........no, i guess im done:)

:) agreed. i would often forget the gun and just use hand to hand. but like i said it wasnt a fps. their emphasis was elsewhere, so yes the shooting wasnt like a fps but thats not what they wanted to be. as i said i would like to see a fps adapt to include hand to hand. i would say oni was more of a 3d adventure game that was adapted to do a little shooting.

mischief
Aug 27, 2002, 05:36 PM
I'd love more direct control over the puppet so ducking and weaving is really about technique and not so much about whether U have the buttons layed out right. I'd love to "duck" by tilting the joystick and move with the hatswitch/ministick. Having the main stick control posture could make for much more dynamic gameplay.

Ifeelbloated
Aug 27, 2002, 05:37 PM
I want to see a sequel to Rune. That game just kicked ass. I'll take mano al mano weapons to firearms any day.
The ability to throw a decapitated foes' head at the next combatant is pretty cool.

job
Aug 27, 2002, 06:24 PM

Again, Deus Ex already got the genre into this area. It did mix the RPG elements of stats and enhancements through the obvious skill point system and the bio enhancements. It had extremely detailed character development and portrayal.

Also in response to the comment about a stamina bar : it already exists in some newer games, such as RtCW. In some FPSs the jump of the player is so limited that it is not even worth the effort, i.e. MoH:AA.

Haberdasher
Aug 27, 2002, 06:56 PM
While admitted that Oni wasn't that great of a game (the weapons DID suck), I liked it as it was just what you guys are craving...a DIFFERENT type of game. It was a good combination of hand to hand and a variety of areas. [/endreview]

:D

Aug 27, 2002, 07:35 PM

6. If I hear any more bots telling me "You like that?", I think I'll throw my computer out the window. Or maybe just kill the bot.

How's that? :D

If your talking bout UT, and you get your @$$ kicked.......and then hear "You like that" 3 times........ followed by Eat that 2 time....... well that's mot a bot, that's me! lol ......I love that in UT, I only hope those 2 phrases carry on in UT2003 or i'll need a new trademark!

P.S. In America's Army....... which is a lot of fun, I would like to be able to shoot out the lights when on assault ....

Haberdasher
Aug 27, 2002, 08:22 PM
3777...are you saying you voiced those characters in UT? Or are you just commenting on you being good in Multiplayer?

Regardless, just thought I'd let you know it's usually bots commenting about OTHER people. ;)

AmbitiousLemon
Aug 27, 2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by 3777

If your talking bout UT, and you get your @$$ kicked.......and then hear "You like that" 3 times........ followed by Eat that 2 time....... well that's mot a bot, that's me! lol ......I love that in UT, I only hope those 2 phrases carry on in UT2003 or i'll need a new trademark!

P.S. In America's Army....... which is a lot of fun, I would like to be able to shoot out the lights when on assault ....

you realize that the word ass is not on the word censor? no need to try to get around it.

Aug 27, 2002, 09:15 PM
3777...are you saying you voiced those characters in UT? Or are you just commenting on you being good in Multiplayer?

Regardless, just thought I'd let you know it's usually bots commenting about OTHER people. ;)

Errr........ i'm saying that I am the player in Unreal Tournament, who kicks your @$$ (being polite) then says: You like that?, You like that?, You like that?..... Eat that! Eat that! ..........lol :cool:

D0ct0rteeth
Aug 27, 2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Ifeelbloated
I want to see a sequel to Rune. That game just kicked ass. I'll take mano al mano weapons to firearms any day.
The ability to throw a decapitated foes' head at the next combatant is pretty cool.

They do. Its called Halls Of Valhalla. But it is OS9. A good OSX viking era game would be nice.

I like the FPS POV but more plot is good. I am sick of SciFi and the "bighuge monster bosses" ... as I said before I would dig a good:

1. 20's era gangster game
2. 1800's cowboys game.
3. Viking warrior

Some good characters, storylines and some innovation.

I would like to be scared and maybe even surprised :)

AmbitiousLemon
Aug 27, 2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by D0ct0rteeth

They do. Its called Halls Of Valhalla. But it is OS9. A good OSX viking era game would be nice.

I like the FPS POV but more plot is good. I am sick of SciFi and the "bighuge monster bosses" ... as I said before I would dig a good:

1. 20's era gangster game
2. 1800's cowboys game.
3. Viking warrior

Some good characters, storylines and some innovation.

I would like to be scared and maybe even surprised :)

i really like your settings you suggested. strange that no one has done a gangster or old west first person shooter. i do have to wonder how you could do a viking first person shooter though...

jadam
Aug 27, 2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by MacMaster
I really want to play AA[America's Army] on my mac!:( :mad:

same here.... those damn US bastards!!! choosing WinBlows over MacX!!!! ARR those bitches!! AA is probally one of the most realistic games EVER!!

btw, i dont think most of you have played CS now have you :P

Aug 28, 2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by jadam

same here.... those damn US bastards!!! choosing WinBlows over MacX!!!! ARR those bitches!! AA is probally one of the most realistic games EVER!!

btw, i dont think most of you have played CS now have you :P

I have an Alienware Aurora, Athalon XP2100+, Ti4600, Soundblaster Audigy...... XP Pro (really is a nice OS.....not at all like 95 or 98) ......all I can say is America's Army is incredible! .....It's the reason I'm up till 3am these days! lol:cool:

rEd Eye
Aug 28, 2002, 05:03 AM
I would like to see a FPS that was one extremely large enviroment (city).A game that combined all elements of solo,team and mission play,depending on which way yopu wanted to play.The game would only start once,or perhaps whenever the ultimate goal had finaly been achieved.Once joined in the game,you would aspire to use any means possible to achieve the ultimate goal of conquering this city through the use of political alliances,teamwork,betrayal,solo deviations,sheer musclepower/firepower etc.You would remain in the game in an inate state even when offline.The real world randomness would have to be very realistic and non predictable,yet at the same time very sensible and based on realistic concepts.I suppose the closest comparison that I can think of would be Morrowind the Elder Scrolls,but based in a different era,exclusively multiplayer,and the software itself even more intelligent.
All located on one central dedicated smoking huge server system of course.
I could ramble on about specifics of the idea,but I guess I might as well learn to program,because just explaining the details of how the world and gameplay works would take 10,000,000+ lines to outline!:D

Draft
Aug 28, 2002, 11:32 AM

Has anyone here played "Dead to Rights" for the xBox? It's a FPS and street fight type game mixed into one. There's both plenty of shooting and plenty of hand to hand fighting. The amount of realism is amazing. Another thing that it also includes is plenty of mindless violence: killing enemies execution style, using enemies as human shields, using your dog to kill enemies, etc. The whole game is very realistic, though. All of the movements and actions, along with general gameplay and story line are realistic. Although the graphics suck, it's a really good game. I think that some of the game attributes should be used in a new FPS.

Draft

job
Aug 28, 2002, 07:09 PM

i really like your settings you suggested. strange that no one has done a gangster or old west first person shooter. i do have to wonder how you could do a viking first person shooter though...

A gangster FPS would be nice if it had the character development and freedom of Deus Ex.

A film noir type game would be great.

AmbitiousLemon
Aug 28, 2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by hitman

A gangster FPS would be nice if it had the character development and freedom of Deus Ex.

A film noir type game would be great.

with a name like hitman i think you'd be dying for a gangster FPS :) or maybe you get too much of that kind of stuff at work?

justa tip (since you are cool and all) Stay out of barber's chairs.

job
Aug 28, 2002, 09:08 PM

with a name like hitman i think you'd be dying for a gangster FPS :) or maybe you get too much of that kind of stuff at work?

i can never get too much of the 20s/30s gangster stuff. ;)

im still waiting for a really good period fps. in the meantime, i'll just go see road to perdition.

justa tip (since you are cool and all) Stay out of barber's chairs.

heh. :D i'll be sure to keep that in mind.

jelloshotsrule
Aug 28, 2002, 10:35 PM
i never thought about it really... but yeah, a gangster type game would be great

tommy gun and all.....

teabgs
Aug 28, 2002, 10:47 PM
GTA3 is kinda gangsta....seeing as you work for the mob...and the Yakuza....

AmbitiousLemon
Aug 28, 2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by teabgs

not really a FPS though.

jelloshotsrule
Aug 28, 2002, 11:21 PM

what platforms is that available for? just pc and ps2?

job
Aug 28, 2002, 11:33 PM

yea...

but i'd still rather have a 20s/30s fps. more atmosphere when done properly. :)