Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kdowns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
I know this topic has been beat too death. I just installed my third IS and I have what appears to be mirobubbles around the edge of the screen. Usually I wouldn't care but I can actually feel the roughness of the bubbles as I drag my finger accross them. Anyone had any experiences with this? Do they go away and flatten out?

undercompensate

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2009
I'd recommend you just take it off and try a SGP or PS anti-glare or crystal. Fourth time's the charm, right?

IS microbubbles are a hit or miss with time, and they tend to yellow and ripple with age, especially with the moderate heat generated from the phone.

Kdowns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
How is the PS. Do you get air bubbles. I freaking hate air bubbles

pujols617

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Just get the squeegee and rub it away from the screen. I've had this happen to me countless number of times and it works

Dominat0r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
are you using soapy water?

If you are, make sure your not stirring up the water with the soap, its gives it a ton of micro air bubbles that find its way on your finger and on the film. It should work its way out in a couple of days, but sometimes alittle too much soap prevents that. How long has it been? I put a BSE on my iPod a few years back, took about a week for it to settle.

is there a speck of dust underneath causing the bubble? try doing it in the bathroom after a nice hot shower. The humidity in the air will keep the dust down to a minimum.

Ive put on a dozen or so different protectors in the years, wet and dry installs. I never had a real problem with air bubbles. Just take your time, pay attention to the water and air bubbles...use as little water as you can.

threezero

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
How is the PS. Do you get air bubbles. I freaking hate air bubbles

As long a there is no dust on the screen when u apply there will be no bubble and it feels like the glass on the iPhone itself unlike the zagg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.