PDA

View Full Version : Buttons on the Logitech MX510

davedrivesamini
Dec 21, 2004, 11:26 AM
I've figured out how to map some of the buttons to Expose. I now want to get the back/forward buttons on the left hand side to act as back and forward buttons in Safari (like they did in Firefox on my PC before I switched).

Zeke
Dec 21, 2004, 12:20 PM
On the back and forward buttons map them to Command Left(back) and Right(forward) arrow.

davedrivesamini
Dec 21, 2004, 02:32 PM
Sorry,
I should have explained that a little more clearly.

To set them for expose, i went:

system preferences > Expose > then found some options in there for setting the expose controls.

I don't know where to go to configure the mouse for other things (like Safari etc).

It's probably obvious, but not to me!

Zeke
Dec 21, 2004, 02:53 PM
So in the control panel the back and forward buttons are listed right? Select the back button and at the bottom of the control panel you select configure keystroke. Then click on the button next to the picture of the mouse and type the left arrow key. Then on modifier select command. Do the same for the forward button with right arrow key and command modifier and this will work for back and forward. This should have been set correctly to begin with as I never had to set it up. I just looked at what it is and know it works.

davedrivesamini
Dec 21, 2004, 03:47 PM
I'm going to sound thick but I'm still not sure how to do this.

When you say control panel, is this the same as system preferences?

I can't find the mouse buttons listed anywhere (I used Expose preferences to set up the other ones, and that only has options for things like "all windows" etc).

Is there a mouse or safari preferences thing I should be looking in?

Sorry to be a pain.

Dave

fistful
Dec 21, 2004, 03:55 PM
I was wondering how to do this as well though I also don't understand how it is done from that explanation. now I'm guessing Zeke is implying these preferences are available with the logitech mx510 software, is this correct? I haven't installed the software so I wouldn't know.

Zeke
Dec 21, 2004, 03:57 PM
Ok I'm sorry...download the logitech control center from their website. This has the key combos and everything for their mice. Then when that installs you can adjust everything in the system preferences. Down at the bottom of the preferences pane it lists logitech control center. When you select that the mouse comes up. Pick the button to configure and you'll see what I mean. If you need further assistance let me know and I'll help but once you install the control center it should work perfectly without any adjustment. You'll have to reestablish the espose buttons as those aren't set originally. Good luck.

davedrivesamini
Dec 21, 2004, 05:17 PM
Hurrah!

Thanks for all your help. I now have it all working just the way I want it - had some trouble getting the Expose things to work again, but I fixed it in the end.

Cheers,

Dave