PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma- won iPod touch, want second gen iPad but also want iPad now

pjfanelli
Sep 21, 2010, 04:32 PM
So I won a 64 GB iPod touch and I want a iPad 3G now... however I also was going to hold out and get the second gen iPad when it comes out. I am going to trade the iPod touch in for a store credit (already have iPhone 4). Anyone think its worth it to buy a 16 GB iPad (wifi only) now, then sell it and upgrade when the second gen comes out? Or should I be a grown up and wait for the new one to come out? This gift card is going to be burning a hole in my pocket... and when my apple tv gets here, that iPad would be pretty sweet. would love some input. thanks

Zcott
Sep 21, 2010, 04:41 PM
Just get one now. Sell it on whenever iPad 2 comes around and use the proceeds to help fund iPad 2.

nateo200
Sep 21, 2010, 04:41 PM
Or should I be a grown up and wait for the new one to come out
I think that's probably a good idea...

pjfanelli
Sep 21, 2010, 05:22 PM
anyone else out there weigh in and break the stalemate?

TraceyS/FL
Sep 21, 2010, 05:46 PM
anyone else out there weigh in and break the stalemate?

I'd get it and enjoy it now... Odds are the next one won't be out until next year, and just think of all the use you could have out of it by then!

MrWillie
Sep 21, 2010, 06:03 PM
Get a 32 gig wifi iPad now and enjoy it. Don't concern yourself with 2nd gen and continue to enjoy your first gen after the first gen comes out.

LiloThePleo
Sep 21, 2010, 06:04 PM
Live each day like there's no tomorrow. Buy now :D Surely six months of usage is worth it, it's not like it's costing you any money anyway.

Mr Kram
Sep 21, 2010, 06:09 PM
go buy a 64gb 3G today. you could be hit by a bus tomorrow.

7thMac
Sep 21, 2010, 07:20 PM
Consider just using the Ipod Touch. You will save a ton of money and already have 2nd generation technology. In about a year you can upgrade to the 3rd generation Ipad.

bri1212
Sep 21, 2010, 07:51 PM
The Second generation ipad will not be out until at least April 2011.
I would buy an ipad now, and when ipad 2 comes out you can see if you like it or not. If all that they do is add a camera and a little memory it might be prudent to wait for the 3rd generation ipad ( probably around April 2012 ).

My name is Alex
Sep 22, 2010, 03:11 AM
I'm getting the second generation iPad, but thats only because I have to save up for it. If I could get it now I'd go to the apple store right now.:D

cakbar
Sep 22, 2010, 08:42 AM
Assuming that you're in the USA, buy a refurbished 16GB wifi for $450 today and sell it a few weeks before the new one comes out for probably around $400. It should cost you around $50 to 'rent' the iPad for 6months or so.

iamthekiller
Sep 22, 2010, 09:46 AM
Such a first world problem

maturola
Sep 22, 2010, 09:47 AM
Assuming that you're in the USA, buy a refurbished 16GB wifi for $450 today and sell it a few weeks before the new one comes out for probably around $400. It should cost you around $50 to 'rent' the iPad for 6months or so.

Bet advice you will ever get....right here!

melman101
Sep 22, 2010, 09:50 AM
Consider just using the Ipod Touch. You will save a ton of money and already have 2nd generation technology. In about a year you can upgrade to the 3rd generation Ipad.

He said he has an iPhone 4 already. LOL! Why would he keep the iPod Touch?

Batt
Sep 22, 2010, 10:27 AM
So I won a 64 GB iPod touch and I want a iPad 3G now... however I also was going to hold out and get the second gen iPad when it comes out. I am going to trade the iPod touch in for a store credit (already have iPhone 4). Anyone think its worth it to buy a 16 GB iPad (wifi only) now, then sell it and upgrade when the second gen comes out? Or should I be a grown up and wait for the new one to come out? This gift card is going to be burning a hole in my pocket... and when my apple tv gets here, that iPad would be pretty sweet. would love some input. thanks

Here's the problem with the iPad 2: it doesn't exist. Any talk about it is pure speculation. No one knows anything about it, including its release date.
Buy one now and enjoy it.

adztaylor
Sep 22, 2010, 10:50 AM
Get one now. I got one few days ago and love it. The 2nd gen won't be available for months.

JakRox
Sep 22, 2010, 01:15 PM
Get one now. I got one few days ago and love it. The 2nd gen won't be available for months.

Congrats on your decision to get one now. It's the best electronic device I've ever purchased for entertainment. Hands down! ;)

dmm219
Sep 22, 2010, 01:24 PM
Live each day like there's no tomorrow. Buy now :D Surely six months of usage is worth it, it's not like it's costing you any money anyway.

And this philosophy, ladies and gentlemen, is one the main reasons so many in this country are in financial ruins. Followe bad advice at your own peril...

(hint: be an adult...its better to be able to sleep at night than have a toy you get tired of in 6 months and end up being broke...)

(also, if you are independently wealthy, it doesn't matter, but I also assume you wouldn't be asking the question.

Meever
Sep 22, 2010, 07:11 PM
And this philosophy, ladies and gentlemen, is one the main reasons so many in this country are in financial ruins. Followe bad advice at your own peril...

(hint: be an adult...its better to be able to sleep at night than have a toy you get tired of in 6 months and end up being broke...)

(also, if you are independently wealthy, it doesn't matter, but I also assume you wouldn't be asking the question.

Being a snobby idiot who doesn't know what he's taking about makes you cool on the internet because.... Oh wait, it's totally opposite of awesome!

TC isn't asking if he should not pay his credit card bills to buy a new ipad.... He sounds like he already has the expandable income to purchase the ipad and then some anyways. He was just asking for when would be a good time to get the ipad.

Also. It wasn't just spending habits by the middle class that broke the American economy. It was the corrupt bankers and brokers who artificially inflated value of valueless assets so they can skim off the top. And the stupid loose regulations paired with none of the policing bodies that had any real power or authority. Then there's retarded government spending. Throwing billions into giant chasm that we call a "war" on top of all this tax break for people who are making several hundred thousand dollars.... What? You honestly think a few hundred thousand people defaulting on 10k loans would cause a trillions of dollars in debt.