Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I have finally gotten my PowerMac G5 to boot. It was given to me, so I did not know much about this machine. Once I got it working, I realized it is missing a bluetooth and airport module. I do not want to take the pricy route of getting internal Airport and internal Bluetooth. Can anybody point me to link for relatively cheap USB bluetooth and WiFi adapters that will work properly with 10.5.8 Leopard?

Thanks all,
AlphaDogg

VanneDC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Dubai, UAE
generally the cheapest BT dongle you can find will work just fine (no drivers required)

wifi.. netgear wg111ge will work a treat... even though it says mac not supported there are drivers for it and works super duper...

if anyone needs the drivers, i can provide linkage.... (id have to look it up though :)

chedda

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2006
Underwater
D-LInk

generally the cheapest BT dongle you can find will work just fine (no drivers required)

wifi.. netgear wg111ge will work a treat... even though it says mac not supported there are drivers for it and works super duper...

if anyone needs the drivers, i can provide linkage.... (id have to look it up though :)
For a bluetooth earpiece (skype etc) not all work the D-Link one however does ! i remember a long struggle back in the day trying to figure it out lol ! You may find the exact model over at apple discussions. For syncing phones file transfers etc the cheapies work !

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I am looking to find an adapter to use my Magic Mouse and possibly a bluetooth headset. I am not as concerned with AirPort as I am with bluetooth, because I currently have it set up with my AirPort Express's WiFi bridge functionality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.