Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kujayhawk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Lawrence Kansas
So, as the title implies, I am really wanting to play the old Sim Farm game (I think it was OS 9, maybe earlier). Does anyone have any idea where to find/buy it? I saw on one thread something about the underdogs, but that site doesn't exist anymore, so if anyone can help I would be very happy.

Thank you!

P.S. I think I would settle my nostalgic urge with Sim Tower if that would be easier

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Quick ebay search reveals several copies, including one for $5, but it's the floppy version.

I doubt it will run in Sheepshaver (OS 9 emulation) so your best bet is to run it in a XP VM via Parallels, or Bootcamp.

SimTower should be easier--it's coming to the iPad (and hopefully) the iPhone.

Edit: Found it at bestoldgames.net, and it'll run in DOSBox. You can find DosBoxes for OS X, but I've not tried these so I couldn't tell you how well they worked. Worth a shot, though.

Edit again: I was curious, so I tried it myself. Works great. Installing it is really, really, easy, you literally just drag and drop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.