PDA

View Full Version : iPads don't reformat web pages when zooming into text heavy sites ?

lewchenko
Sep 22, 2010, 05:38 AM
One of the biggest annoyances I have with my iPad is that when surfing a web site where the text is quite small, I zoom in using pinch to zoom but the text doesn't reflow nor does the page reformat.. It just gets bigger.

For example.. On a forum if I zoom in, the text becomes readable, but I now have to scroll horizontally to see the full messages which is really annoying.

If I were using say Safari or Firefox on a Mac or PC and used the CTRL + etc to zoom in, the text gets bigger but the page will reformat so that each message still fits the page.

Is there any way for the iPad to display the page reformatted to a zoomed in view (or alternatively just make the text bigger and reformat the page like a desktop browser would ?)

cakbar
Sep 22, 2010, 08:34 AM
Atomic Web Browser has a Font Increase/Decrease function that reformats the page. You can also allocate a finger multitouch gesture to change the font size to make it even easier to use. I'm sure some of the other browsers available in the App store have similar capabilities. The formatting isn't always perfect, but it should solve your problem somewhat.

lewchenko
Sep 22, 2010, 04:10 PM
Ive just tried Atomic like you suggested. Works a treat (mostly!). Thank you :)