Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LaurieCad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Hi
I've asked this question on a few other forums but to no avail...
Although I work mostly in OS9, I have OSX 10.2.8 on a separate disk which I am getting used to on my older G4.
I have just bought a new phone (Sony Ericsson K700i) and dedicated USB cable. Although the G4 sees the phone (but can't find a driver) in OS9, in OSX, even with isync loaded, the computer doesn't 'see' the phone at all, even after scanning.
I don't have Bluetooth on the G4, but I assumed that the system would still see the attached device physically connected.
Am I missing something obvious?
Any help would be gratefull accepted!
Thanks
Laurie

pncc

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
LaurieCad said:
Hi
I've asked this question on a few other forums but to no avail...
Although I work mostly in OS9, I have OSX 10.2.8 on a separate disk which I am getting used to on my older G4.
I have just bought a new phone (Sony Ericsson K700i) and dedicated USB cable. Although the G4 sees the phone (but can't find a driver) in OS9, in OSX, even with isync loaded, the computer doesn't 'see' the phone at all, even after scanning.
I don't have Bluetooth on the G4, but I assumed that the system would still see the attached device physically connected.
Am I missing something obvious?
Any help would be gratefull accepted!
Thanks
Laurie

At apple.com/isync, your SE K700i phone is listed as compatible using Bluetooth only so it wil not work via USB. Get a Bluetooth USB dongle (recommend the D-Link 120) for ?$40 and you will be good to go.

LaurieCad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Thanks!
That easy? Seems odd that the same computer sees the fone in the older OS but not the newer, but there you go!
Thanks again.
Laurie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.