Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yuanmoons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Is there any big difference between branded and unbranded screen protectors for the iphone 4.

I considering the Power Support but its x 15 price of 'generic' protector that also has cut outs etcs. i want scratch resistance but want to maintain the brilliant screen.

Was thinking of branded front protector and cheap back protector.

I ask because i think these things are so over priced. All apple stuff is over priced - its ridiculous. I dont mind paying for quality but not for bits of plastic.

Any opinions?

coosk8er55

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2010
you get what you pay for... powersupport is worth the money but not if you are using a case.. try the shieldview from speck or the new zagg made for case use.. if you are using a case

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
iLounge.com has done a lot of testing over the years.

He has determined that films made in Japan are superior to the cheap offerings sourced elsewhere.

Power Support films are made in Japan.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
It's sort of true that you get what you pay for however, I've always gotten the cheap protectors off eBay and have liked them a lot for the most part. Personally, don't see the need to pay $20 for a screen protector when I can get 10 of them for $4 off eBay. Some of them may come a little off centered or whatever but you'll have at least one that will work just fine. The ones you have left over you can sell to co-workers like I do :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.