Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brenm666

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Hi,
I wanted to know if an app existed where you could just click on the app, and it automatically turns wifi on/off. I've had my iPod touch for a week and I already can't stand going in the settings over and over... :D

I looked on MRoogle, but all the threads were old... Maybe something new showed up?

thanks!

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Why not just keep settings open and then double tap the home button to open the multitasking bar and choose settings? You could keep settings at the wifi window.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Yea, it's a bit of a pain. Fortunately turning Airplane mode on is the top selection in Settings, and it turns all the radios off when ON.

There's an Android widget for that. Perhaps Jobs doesn't want to appear to be copying. I believe developers are prevented from making apps that mess with system settings, and of course WiFi is one of those.

brenm666

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2010
ok, well thanks guys... i might do as you say iBookG4user... its just a bit longer i guess... :p
and 4DThinker... what do you mean by
it turns all the radios off when ON
and i guess they dont want an app that would dramatically increase the battery, therefore the ipod's, life...
anyway... thanks again! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.