PDA

View Full Version : old ipad to new ipad transfer

ashkamran
Sep 23, 2010, 01:34 AM
hi

i have a 32gb wifi ipad. i just got a 32gb3g as a present. how can i transfer all my apps to the new one?

thank

ash

Kithe
Sep 23, 2010, 01:39 AM
I haven't tried this myself, but if the iPad works anything like the iPhone, just backup and sync your "old" iPad. Then connect the "new" one, it should now ask if you want to restore the "old" iPad backup. Select the restore and you should be set.

Shanewilliams
Sep 23, 2010, 11:46 PM
I haven't tried this myself, but if the iPad works anything like the iPhone, just backup and sync your "old" iPad. Then connect the "new" one, it should now ask if you want to restore the "old" iPad backup. Select the restore and you should be set.

Sounds right to me!

SemlinaPilchard
Sep 24, 2010, 02:00 AM

Thanks for this. And how can you wipe data off the old iPad if you want to sell it on?

cRuNcHiE
Sep 24, 2010, 02:47 AM
Settings> general > reset (at the bottom)

Kithe
Sep 24, 2010, 03:07 AM
Settings> general > reset (at the bottom)

That, or my personal favorite, Restore in iTunes which loads the firmware again and restores it to factory defaults.