Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stefan Hitzke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2010
Is there any clue when the calender beta is going to be turned into a full use version of mobile me?

I do not want to subscribe unless it is possible to use multiple calenders with multiple users on multiple devices.

I hoped the beta would last a month or so. But it is on test for so long now....:confused:

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
My guess would be November when they update the ios 4.2. I didn't realize the new interface was going to be able to support multiple users??? Are you sure about that? :confused:

Stefan Hitzke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2010
Share calendars with family and friends
You can easily share your calendars with one or more MobileMe members to keep everyone on the same page. For example, create a shared calendar called "Kids" for school and weekend activities. You can allow the person you're sharing a calendar with to edit events, and set up email notifications to tell you when they make a change.

This Is what they say on the mobile me FAQ page. And that Is exactly what I am looking for. Enable my wife And me to keep Track of each others Meetings As well As the Kids Meetings....

And all this via our iPhones an via the iMac at Home.

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Share calendars with family and friends
You can easily share your calendars with one or more MobileMe members to keep everyone on the same page. For example, create a shared calendar called "Kids" for school and weekend activities. You can allow the person you're sharing a calendar with to edit events, and set up email notifications to tell you when they make a change.

This Is what they say on the mobile me FAQ page. And that Is exactly what I am looking for. Enable my wife And me to keep Track of each others Meetings As well As the Kids Meetings....

And all this via our iPhones an via the iMac at Home.
I have been waiting a long time for this if that is true! My guess would still be November when they update the ios 4.2. I haven't even tried the Beta yet...

txr0ckabilly

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2008
Southwest Louisiana
i never log into the MobileMe site. i did last night to renew and saw the link for the calendar beta. if the sharing feature works for our family account, i'll finally be able to shed my gmail account on my phone and just use MobileMe. i signed up, hopefully i'll get admitted to the beta soon to try it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.