Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fergusjk

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
Ayrshire Coast, Scotland
Hi,

I'm about to join the Apple developer program and release an app which I'm going to charge for.

I'm looking for answers to a few fundamental questions.

1. When (and how often) do :apple: send out the cheques?

2. Will I be able to get information, like a running total on how many apps I've sold? I'm assuming I get an App dev account that I can log into that gives me lots of feedback on how my apps are performing?

3. What happens if I leave the App developer program? Does my app continue to be available for purchase in the App store and do I still keep getting paid 70% of the revenue it makes?

Answers or pointers to documents detailing these fundamentals would be appreciated. :)

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
1. When (and how often) do :apple: send out the cheques?
The agreement says up to 45 days after the end of Apple's fiscal month in which the app was sold, and only if the amount due is over a certain minimum (used to be $250, then $150 USD, used to be per region). So wait a couple months, and don't expect anything more than once per year unless your total sales average over dozen dollars worth per month.
2. Will I be able to get information, like a running total on how many apps I've sold? I'm assuming I get an App dev account that I can log into that gives me lots of feedback on how my apps are performing?
There is a daily trend report site you can log into. Very little feedback except for the units sold or updated and the country codes of the sales.
3. What happens if I leave the App developer program?

Not sure. But I think all your apps get removed from sale if you don't renew your developer account. They still continue to run on any former customers' devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.