PDA

View Full Version : email attachment question

MacDryCleaner
Sep 23, 2010, 04:28 PM
Hi All -

Someone sent me an email with an attachment ... the attachment is a video ending in .wmv

Anyone know how i can open this ON THE IPAD?

Thanks !

rjames86
Sep 23, 2010, 04:48 PM
Check out VLC for iPad. That should play anything you need. Good luck!

Tom G.
Sep 24, 2010, 09:31 PM
rjames86

I put VLC on my iPad to try it out. I followed the iPad on screen instructions to transfer videos from my iMac, but none have been transferred. Is there a step missing?

I should have transferred 4 videos with a total of about 20 MB between them, but even on the scale on the iTunes screen on my iMac it shows that nothing has been transferred. I tried syncing the iPad after putting the chosen videos into the VLC list but that didn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

gforce216
Sep 26, 2010, 10:14 AM
rjames86

I put VLC on my iPad to try it out. I followed the iPad on screen instructions to transfer videos from my iMac, but none have been transferred. Is there a step missing?

I should have transferred 4 videos with a total of about 20 MB between them, but even on the scale on the iTunes screen on my iMac it shows that nothing has been transferred. I tried syncing the iPad after putting the chosen videos into the VLC list but that didn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Plug in iPad
Go to apps tab
Scroll to bottom of the apps tab not the list of apps
Click on VLC
Click on your files and transfer them

Tom G.
Sep 26, 2010, 11:59 AM
gforce216,

This is exactly what I have been doing, but when I open the VLC app on my iPad it goes to a screen that says:

"You currently don't have andy video in your VLC library. To Add some videos for playback:"

It then gives the instructions that you just gave.

Where are the videos that I supposedly downloaded and how do I get beyond this screen to find them if they are in fact on the iPad?

Thanks for your help.