PDA

View Full Version : How much did apple make on the 23rd?

DaedalusDE
Aug 24, 2002, 08:46 PM
I was at the Roosevelt Field store last night, i got there at 9:30, and there were already around 300 people on the line to get it... once the doors opened at 10:25 there were almost 700 people lined up (from the apple store, down to nordstroms, and looped back around to the apple store).

Lets say that 300 out of the 700 people bought Jaguar alone, and 200 people bought hardware (and there were people in there that walked out with two towers, an ibook, an HD cinematic display and 4 ipods... i walked out with a 7k editing studio) and this is in a relatively small store... how much money do u think apple made last night in total?

G5orbust
Aug 25, 2002, 01:28 PM
Apple only releases profit figures every quarter. it will never tell how much it made on an individual night (although they will probably release how many jaguars they sold on that night). For that figure, you could figue out how much they made, minus all the computers and otehr stuff bought using the 10% off thing.

TyleRomeo
Aug 25, 2002, 04:37 PM
yeah i was there too, its was pretty nuts, apple has some serious fan behind them.

Hemingray
Aug 25, 2002, 05:58 PM
Hm, and all I walked out with was a mousepad... :D

I woulda bought the iPod remote, but they didn't have any in stock. Oh well!

It was a great opportunity to pass out my business card, that's for sure. :cool:

A@ron
Aug 25, 2002, 06:09 PM
I would guess that Apple probibly sold in excess of 15k copies of Jagwar 10.2 on the 23rd (in the US Apple Stores alone). Apple stores might have sold 10k of other software titles that they keep in stock. I have a feeling the the US Apple stores sold in excess of $700K in computer systems. All in all an eventful day I'm sure but we may never have any idea how eventful. :)

Yeah I was just making up numbers,
A@ron

G5orbust
Aug 25, 2002, 11:23 PM
no to mention the other stores that had jaguar relase parties (in san diego, crywolf mac center had one)