Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ukalady

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
I have iPod Touches (is that how you pluralize it?) in both the 1G and 2G models. I just received a 4G and am really struck that it's much more difficult to insert and remove the supplied docking cable than on earlier models. When inserting or removing it, I feel as if it's so tight that I need to be really, really careful or I might break it.

Can someone "in the know" tell me if the *angle* has changed for the plug in area on the iPod Touch 4G? Or perhaps my unit's fit and finish is a little off...

Code.Red

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
I think it loosens up as you plug it in more. The plug on mine used to be very tight, but now it's not quite as hard to get in as before, after only a little over a week of use. I don't think the angle has changed at all.

MsMerryMac

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
I thought the angle had changed as well because of the difficulty I was having putting it on my dock. I think it's more that the design is so slim that it puts the input right up against the rear of the iPod, making it awkward to dock - especially in the dark! It was also a bit nerve racking feeling like I was going to break something when I first charged it because it was quite a snug fit, but it has since loosened up a bit.

bass93

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2009
I pre ordered a new 4th gen on the 2nd. Still waiting for it to ship =/ But I'd like to know this from someone who has one:

Since the new Touch does not come with a dock adapter, does the 2nd/3rd gen adapter work well with it? Cuz I have a couple of those and I don't want to pay $10 plus tax and shipping for something that should have been included in the first place.

So does anyone know how well they work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.