PDA

View Full Version : Set up as new iPad or restore from iPhone backup?

jent
Sep 24, 2010, 02:22 PM
I'm giving my dad an iPad and I'm wondering if he should restore from his iPhone backup or start it fresh? The reason I ask is I don't want him to have to start from scratch, but I also don't want any confusion regarding the separateness of the apps on his iPad and iPhone since they don't sync data between them (unless they sync via the internet).

mgipe
Sep 24, 2010, 02:41 PM
Set up as a new iPad.

Under the apps tab in iTunes, you can pick and choose which iPhone apps you want on the iPad.

Some do automatically sync between devices. If you have a MobileMe account, for example, the calendar will effortlessly keep all your toys updated.

jent
Sep 24, 2010, 02:54 PM
Set up as a new iPad.

Under the apps tab in iTunes, you can pick and choose which iPhone apps you want on the iPad.

Some do automatically sync between devices. If you have a MobileMe account, for example, the calendar will effortlessly keep all your toys updated.

I got him MobileMe too, and the Apple apps sync seamlessly for sure. The reason I ask is because I got my iPad and restored it from my iPod touch backup. I was confused when Angry Birds data wouldn't sync, and the fact that I had my info duplicated at the setting up of my new iPad but that didn't update between the two of them was like creating two timelines instead of one; it was weird.