PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card charged for ATV, Start to ship finally?

ronin0429
Sep 24, 2010, 07:02 PM
Just checked my online account, saw a $105 charge from Apple, which must be the charge for new Apple TV... Does it mean that i gonna to receive my ATV Monday??:p

blueprint1983
Sep 24, 2010, 07:21 PM
Just checked my online account, saw a $105 charge from Apple, which must be the charge for new Apple TV... Does it mean that i gonna to receive my ATV Monday??:p

nope, i got charged and they said october 20th arrival.

dmr727
Sep 24, 2010, 07:54 PM
nope, i got charged and they said october 20th arrival.

You might want to call them. I've purchased quite a bit from Apple, and never have I been charged (not just an authorization, but actually charged) before something has shipped.

sonictonic
Sep 24, 2010, 08:24 PM
You might want to call them. I've purchased quite a bit from Apple, and never have I been charged (not just an authorization, but actually charged) before something has shipped.

Exactly. It's frequently misunderstood by people that the initial authorization is NOT a charge. :rolleyes: If you pay with a credit card or even debit card with Visa or Mastercard logo, they will authorize and hold the funds initially, and then it will fall off (generally 2-3 days depending on your financial institution). Then you will get another authorization + charge prior to the actual shipping. USUALLY in my experiences the item is prepared for shipping within 24-48 hours after the second "hit" to my card by Apple. This time though, seems it's taking a bit longer, sadly.

So many people don't get how their credit and debit cards work. :p

Stocktrader
Sep 24, 2010, 09:58 PM
Good News:
Steve Jobs Confirms New Apple TV Orders On Schedule for September Delivery.

My card still not charged (ordered 9/1)

stuartlowb
Sep 25, 2010, 12:48 AM
Exactly. It's frequently misunderstood by people that the initial authorization is NOT a charge. :rolleyes: If you pay with a credit card or even debit card with Visa or Mastercard logo, they will authorize and hold the funds initially, and then it will fall off (generally 2-3 days depending on your financial institution). Then you will get another authorization + charge prior to the actual shipping. USUALLY in my experiences the item is prepared for shipping within 24-48 hours after the second "hit" to my card by Apple. This time though, seems it's taking a bit longer, sadly.

So many people don't get how their credit and debit cards work. :p

My credit card authorisation charge has dropped off today, so now waiting for the real charge before delivery.

TheBritishBloke
Sep 25, 2010, 05:50 AM
Unless the transaction has actually cleared (It actually shows up on your statement as it being by Apple) Then it's not actually charged.

itsmequinn
Sep 25, 2010, 09:43 AM
My debit card transaction just dropped off again ad if it was only authorizing. This is the second time since I ordered sept 1. Gift card remains at 0