Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

birchyzs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
Hi all, im new to this forum. Im having a bit of trouble with photoshop cs4

I installed it onto my computer and it was telling me important files were missing and then would shut down. It said to try uninstalling and reinstalling, so i stupidly just dragged everything to the trash :mad:

Now if i click the PS icon in just boots photoshop with the same error message so i cannot reinstall!

I cant find any files in my finder with a search of "photoshop", "adobe" or "CS4"

Nightmare!

Anyhelp would really be appreciated..

Thanks all

birchyzs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
I just downloaded appzapper, the problem is i cant drag the file into appzapper because i already deleted it all

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
I just downloaded appzapper, the problem is i cant drag the file into appzapper because i already deleted it all

Has reinstallation worked?

What about deleting files manually? Look into Macintosh HD / Library / Application Support / Adobe & Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Application Support / Adobe & Macintosh HD / Library / Preferences / & Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences and delete .plist files with the name "adobe" in it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.