PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook Case Repair... beyond a joke!

hob
Dec 22, 2004, 07:46 PM
OK... I have a 12" powerbook 1ghz g4. It's about 10 months old. I took it to the Apple Store Regent Street on the opening day, and then waited 3 weeks whilst they fixed the case. It was warping in one corner meaning it rocked when typing on a desk.

As I said. It took THREE WEEKS for them to replace this, then and I've had it back about 10 days at most.

I just leaned over to my desk to adjust the volume and noticed a little clunk. I thought "oh, must just be a cable" but looked, and no cable stuck under it... I put it on a different surface, and it's rocking! AGAIN! :mad:

I cannot believe my run of luck with apple. I bought an iBook about 18 months ago, and it was replaced by apple with this powerbook because the logic board problem was affecting my coursework. (Which was very nice of them)

So basically, I've had to take 2 different apple laptops in for repair about 5 times in 18 months.

I'm really not happy, plus the fact that the problem they said was fixed has recurred!

I love apple, I really do. I think the OS is the best in the world, but their hardware is dieing on me :(

Hob

Mord
Dec 22, 2004, 08:56 PM
man i'm doing courcework and have a dodgy ibook, :D.

seriously i have to do something about it i cant have my ibook fail on me when i am takeing 7 a-levels and i keep all my work on my ibook.

i dont know about the case, those 1GHz 12" powerbooks get as hot as hell, so it may be the heat, how bad is it?

California
Dec 23, 2004, 03:17 PM
Call Daystar and ask for Gary. These guys might help you out -- they are helping me out.