PDA

View Full Version : Distorted Screen on iMac G-3 (purchased May of 2000)

oehlmj
Dec 23, 2004, 01:46 AM
I began hearing the click of death on my MAC. I backed up important files before it died and replaced the hard drive. Unfortunately, I was not able to load OS 10 and went back to OS 9. I was successful in loading OS 9 but the screen is distorted now. At first it was merely the shape of the screen; appearing inordinately "squished" but I was unable to adjust it back to proper shape. Now, when I boot, the images are all blurred......looking as tough they are flying by, trailing a bit of a shadow image. Any suggestions. I have a new iMac but wanted to let my kids use the old ones for school projects/games.

Dec 23, 2004, 01:58 AM
My guess would be either that you accidently hit something inside the system that would make that happen (adjustment knobs [specificly the knob that regulates voltage] is what im thinking) or the screen is just shot... I'm thinking its most likely that an adjustment knob got hit though. The description for bluring you gave pretty much matches what happens when you give the monitor to much voltage; which of course could potentialy damage the screen if you keep running it like that. The other description for a squashed screen is pincushion adjustment