Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Hello,
I just bought a Maxtor OneTouch II external hard drive. I want to store my photo's, and music on it. As well continue to use iTunes, and iPhoto. Is there a way i can do this, and when I open iPhoto it will pull from the hard drive. I know you can do it with opening file, and all that I want to just aim it at the drive.

Thanks Chris

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
imac abuser said:
Hello,
I just bought a Maxtor OneTouch II external hard drive. I want to store my photo's, and music on it. As well continue to use iTunes, and iPhoto. Is there a way i can do this, and when I open iPhoto it will pull from the hard drive. I know you can do it with opening file, and all that I want to just aim it at the drive.

Thanks Chris

In the preferences of each program, you can set it to where the program saves your files. Just tell it to save it to the external drive. I have my tunes on a second drive in my tower.

Or do you mean, when you use iPhoto, it saves another copy to the external disk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.