Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zhian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2010
Hey, I've been trying to get a USB-mic to work with my mac mini but have so far been unssuccessful, the microphone is working and I can find it in my system preferences but while on skype it just doesn't work...

Any ideas on how to make it work?

PurdueGuy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Hey, I've been trying to get a USB-mic to work with my mac mini but have so far been unssuccessful, the microphone is working and I can find it in my system preferences but while on skype it just doesn't work...

Any ideas on how to make it work?

In Skype, you need to select the microphone to use.
Skype menu -> Preferences -> Audio

Angelo95210

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2009
Paris, France
So in the preferences panel the signal level is moving when you speak ? So yes this is probablt a configuration issue in Skype where you can select which microphone you want to use.

lynnequintana

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2010
CA
something to try

I've had the same problem before. Try going to System preferences , go to Sound and select the input tab and choose the one that describes your usb.

Hope it works for you.

PurdueGuy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
I've had the same problem before. Try going to System preferences , go to Sound and select the input tab and choose the one that describes your usb.

Hope it works for you.
The OP specifically said that didn't work. It needs to be selected in th Skye preferences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.