Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrdinh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
how to? ie. add movie to vlc app but change my mind...how do del from the ipad?

thatdecade

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2010
Does the vlc app move files in the normal itunes method to the device?

Open itunes, connect device and select device. Go to the App tab and scroll down. At the bottom there will be a filelist for each app. You can delete it there.

mrdinh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
when i'm in the file sharing and under VLC apps, i can only add files but there is no option to delete the file(s) added...

how to remove the file?

still stumped...help anyone?

thanks

MrMorden

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2008
Guatemala
Does the vlc app move files in the normal itunes method to the device?

Open itunes, connect device and select device. Go to the App tab and scroll down. At the bottom there will be a filelist for each app. You can delete it there.

+1
Select the file you want to delete on the file share list, and press fn+backspace if you are on a mac (I presume it would be the del key in windows). The file will be deleted when you sync again.

mrdinh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
thanks MrMorden, that works!...wow, how did you find out that?

apple products are awesome but the manual sucks!

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
+1
Select the file you want to delete on the file share list, and press fn+backspace if you are on a mac (I presume it would be the del key in windows). The file will be deleted when you sync again.

Just pressing the delete key should be enough. I don't have VLC but that's how it works on all my apps.

MrMorden

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2008
Guatemala
thanks MrMorden, that works!...wow, how did you find out that?

I'm awesome :cool:

Just kidding... I also had a hard time figuring out how to do it, so I thought about the "delete" key thing... But since mac laptops don't have a delete key, then fn+backspace (which = delete) did the trick.

Glad I could help.

the Helix

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2003
No other way?

I'm awesome :cool:

Just kidding... I also had a hard time figuring out how to do it, so I thought about the "delete" key thing... But since mac laptops don't have a delete key, then fn+backspace (which = delete) did the trick.

Glad I could help.

Does anyone know of a simpler way of deleting a video file directly from the VLC app on the iPad itself without having to hook it up to iTunes?

Thanks.

Narwal

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2014
Upadte on How To

Connect iPad to Mac
Open iTunes
In the display which shows the program icon screens just click on the program icon you want to remove and click on the X in the icon.
The files will be removed fron the apps list.
Sync and they will be removed from your ipad.
Cheers

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.