PDA

View Full Version : Need an image recreated..

upsbrown
Sep 26, 2010, 08:44 PM
Hello,
I am in need of somebody to recreate this image in Adobe Illustrator posted below, if it is possible. Needs to be a vectored image. Thanks for any help.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/n1philli/lefty4.jpg

pintsizemacman
Sep 26, 2010, 08:47 PM
recreated like dif colors and style?\

upsbrown
Sep 26, 2010, 08:49 PM
recreated like dif colors and style?\

The only thing that I really need is the Lefthander Incorporated. No back ground color. Pretty much what I am needing is, somebody to create this so it can be applied to a vehicle for decals.

pintsizemacman
Sep 26, 2010, 09:04 PM
here u need the black off the sides?

upsbrown
Sep 26, 2010, 09:07 PM
Yes, if you could. Is the image vectored? It can't be a jpeg. Needs to be either a vectored image or an electronic art file.

ezekielrage_99
Sep 26, 2010, 09:29 PM
Recreated? I call a redesign, that is horrid....

BTW if this is for a "corporate venture" I find it rather specious to get someone to put time and effort in to recreate it without compensation.

upsbrown
Sep 26, 2010, 09:34 PM
Recreated? I call a redesign, that is horrid....

BTW if this is for a "corporate venture" I find it rather specious to get someone to put time and effort in to recreate it without compensation.

It is not for a corporate venture. It is a made up company, I need a logo for. Recreated, redesign, same difference. As you can tell, I am not part of the graphic and design world.

ezekielrage_99
Sep 26, 2010, 10:24 PM
Not meaning to BYB but you could do it yourself easily in Inkscape (http://inkscape.org/), it's free and there are plenty of tutorial with how to use it. You can do what you want EASILY by following and tweaking this tutorial >> http://inkscape.org/doc/tracing/tutorial-tracing.html

Still the point I am making is that your not asking for help your asking someone to do it all for you, which I think is a little different...

THX1139
Sep 27, 2010, 04:15 AM
Man, that sure is one ugly logo. If you can even call it that.

Funkatronic
Sep 27, 2010, 04:25 AM
Holy mother of Layer Styles!

opeter
Sep 27, 2010, 05:15 AM
That is beautyfull! Is this made for a black-metal rockband?

pintsizemacman
Sep 27, 2010, 08:07 AM
ok im vectoring it right now...

alright took me hours but i got it. Vectored in PDF format.
whoops to big i have to get ur email to send it.

pintsizemacman
Sep 27, 2010, 11:52 AM
never mind i just downgrade the quality but didn't make a differencehope u like it.tell me if somethings wrong.

Sdashiki
Sep 27, 2010, 12:53 PM
These threads are always so effin' hilarious.

:p

Alaerian
Sep 27, 2010, 01:05 PM
^ agreed =D
I have absolutely NO graphic design ability, so I just lurk here. But man, it's always good for some entertainment.

pintsizemacman
Sep 27, 2010, 01:36 PM
glad u guy like it:rolleyes:

ezekielrage_99
Sep 27, 2010, 07:39 PM
@ Pint, this is the reason you design a logo as a vector in the first place it's easier to convert a vector to bitmap but not the otherway around

@ Alaerian, me too they are good for an LOL... I especially like the ones that start with "I am no designer but create this for my company and it will be good for you CV".

@ Ups, recreating and redesigning aren't the same thing.. I mean start from scratch toss out the initial design because as you've found out it just doesn't replicate thus redesign.

joshuwack
Sep 29, 2010, 01:56 PM
I didn't realize the MR forums were for charity work. You'll be hard-pressed to find a true graphic designer who will work for free. There are, of course, exceptions to this like pro bono work for non-profits (churches, homeless shelters, etc.). But I highly doubt Lefthander Incorporated is one of these entities.

Good luck.