Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkAether

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 5, 2010
My current rig is a 24 channel Mackie studio board, Alesis 24 track HD recorder and various outboard effects. Like the idea of pairing down and going computer based, but still want the flexibility of a physical board with faders and a minimum of 16 simultaneous channels for recording core tracks of drums, bass guitar, keys (and additional tracks for adding more instruments, effects after the fact). Would also like it to be backwards compatible with the ADAT I/O. Would be grateful for recommendations on a good control surface and multi-channel interface!

Thanks!

-A

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
You need to pick the software first. If you deside to go with Pro Tools you will be being hardware from Digidesign. If you go with Logic you want other hardware. It is good to spend a while studying and thinking about software because switching means re-learning with something new. I god way tio get a feel for the software s to go to one of those video training web sites (like macprovideo.com) and watch the irst "intro to..." class for each that you are considering, then download and user manuals. If you ask on a Apple Mac forum people are going to say "Logic"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.