Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2004
NY
hello everyone.
i would like to completely remove limewire from my computer (im running OSX) but i cannot. it says that the root is owned elsewhere. i don't even know what that means. what can i do???
-cham :confused:

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
i would just try to delete everything, relating to limewire.

I would just do a search for limewire (command+F). Once it stops looking, just select all of the files and drag them to the trash. Then if your using 10.3, hit the refresh button in the window, after emptying the trash, to make sure you erased them.

Cham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2004
NY
removing limewire again

i have tried that over and over. with no internet connecction and everything...i dont know what else to do. thank you for replying though :)
-cham

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Cham said:
i have tried that over and over. with no internet connecction and everything...i dont know what else to do. thank you for replying though :)
-cham

go to applications, select Limewire, get info, and make it owned by your user name and see if that works

or i believe that there is an uninstaller that you can use from the site, not sure though, you might have to re-download it and rather than install it i think you can uninstall it that way

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.