Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
For some reason, on some of my emails, it shows its from a certain sender but the body of the email does not correspond.

The odd thing is that on my iPhone, the emails are fine.

I did recently get the new 27" iMac and restored from Time Machine however this is happening with new emails as well, not just old ones that were already on the computer. It's also only happening to some emails, not all.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
I don't completely understand.

The body is just text, isn't it?

Or do you mean, you get an email sent by John (email sender), but the body (text) displays an email send by Jane?

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Or do you mean, you get an email sent by John (email sender), but the body (text) displays an email send by Jane?

Exactly.

For example I just got an email from a Julia, clicked on it, and the body of the email was from Denise that was actually sent on September 7th, 2010. (Already had the email from Denise and still do, so the new email from Julia is basically a duplicate of the one from Denise).

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
You are using Apple's Mail application I suppose?

Delete Macintosh HD / Users / HXGuy (YOU) / Library / Preferences / com.apple.mail.plist and restart Mail and see if that helped.
The .plist file is a Property List file and gets recreated during another start of Mail.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
I tried that and it didn't work, which is very odd as it seems to have reset my Mail program. I had to redo all the settings and had to add the account to my Accounts tab (have to add all the others ones too, had 5 accounts setup, didn't know it was going to delete them all :) )

Either way though, it did not fix the problem.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Its been fixed by following the link I posted earlier. I have a feeling I could have just gone to "Rebuild Mailbox" which would have redownloaded all my mail messages from the server and I wouldn't have needed to re-setup all my accounts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.