Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
I have Netflix on the PS3 and Wii but I'm not all too happy with how they integrated it. Visually and feature wise, the Apple TV's Netflix implementation looks to be excellent. The Wii and PS3 look ok enough, but they really fail when it comes to search. I don't think the PS3 version even has a search feature. (Or is it the Wii? I can't remember because the one that does have it I never use because it takes too long to enter a search.)

The new Apple TV does feature Netflix search though and using Apple's remote app for the iPhone to control the ATV and being able to search for content on Netflix using the iPhone's onscreen keyboard would be a killer implementation!

It should work because the UI in the current Apple TV works that way with the iphone for all of its built in apps like Youtube. Whenever you click into a search box, the iPhone's keyboard automatically pops up allowing you to key in your search effortlessly on the Apple TV.

Steve Jobs did mention it was the best implementation of Netflix on any device so far. I'm itching to see if that statement will hold true. I guess we will know later this week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.