Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

georgee2face

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
I am trying to download a few .torrent files via Goodreader on my Ipad when I download them they show up as .php files. I know I'm a novice at some things, but this is making me feel stupid. go to site..download torren..put"g" in front of http..torrent downloads and is seen in Goodreader as .php

can any one help

thanks
G

georgee2face

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010

Thanks for that, but had already looked through the manual and found no help.. I do notice that .PDF and .mp3 torrents download with the correct extension: .torrent. It 's the video torrents that aren' being downloaded with the .torrent file extension; instead, they have the .php extension. the files are the same size when checked on a computer, but they are rendered useless with thus extension. on the odd chance that it might work I changed the extension to .torrent, but it would not open.

this seems to me that I have missed something elemental, and I don't know what it is
thanks for looking
G

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
georgee2face said:
Thanks for that, but had already looked through the manual and found no help.. I do notice that .PDF and .mp3 torrents download with the correct extension: .torrent. It 's the video torrents that aren' being downloaded with the .torrent file extension; instead, they have the .php extension. the files are the same size when checked on a computer, but they are rendered useless with thus extension. on the odd chance that it might work I changed the extension to .torrent, but it would not open.

this seems to me that I have missed something elemental, and I don't know what it is
thanks for looking
G

Probably the way the torrent site is designed. Try a different site. It's probably trying to do a popup window or something else tricky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.