PDA

View Full Version : Switching from PC to iMac...iPad and iPhone ?s

CarboysDesire
Sep 27, 2010, 08:15 PM
OK, so I got a new iMac...my first one. I love it.

I have successfully transferred all my music and my photos, some videos, and a movie.

I am going to do one last sync of my iPad and my iPhone on my PC before I connect them to iTunes on my iMac.

Is that all I need to do? Will the iMac make its own back up of both devices (oh, and my iPod! I almost forgot about it.) and then from that point forward I can sync with my iMac???

I don't want to lose my contacts (although they sync with Google) nor my calendars.

Should I just go for it knowing I have back-ups on my PC?

Please advise.

iThanks! :apple:

SVT Amateur
Sep 27, 2010, 08:25 PM
Just make sure that iTunes is signed in with the same account you have for your iPad, iPhone, etc. and then sync. If iTunes is logged in to the same account you shouldn't have any issues transferring Apps or any other purchased content from your iDevices to your new iMac.

Consultant
Sep 27, 2010, 08:33 PM
There's a folder of sync data.

blueskymike
Sep 27, 2010, 08:47 PM
Keep your PC around for a few weeks or a few months. Just in case you forget something.

Consider GMail for the Calendar and Contacts. Although its not perfect, you can sync with your iPad and/or iPhone.

CarboysDesire
Sep 27, 2010, 09:11 PM
Yes, I already use Gmail and Google-sync and I do not plan to change. And I will be keeping the PC for a while, thanks!

I already had my iTunes library stored on an external drive so importing that into iTunes on the iMac was a cinch, and it even brought over all my apps so I think I'm ahead of the game.