PDA

View Full Version : Need help with VLC app

Tom G.
Sep 28, 2010, 02:54 AM
I put VLC on my iPad to try it out. I followed the iPad on screen instructions to transfer videos from my iMac, but none have been transferred. Is there a step missing?

I should have transferred 4 videos with a total of about 20 MB between them, but even on the scale on the iTunes screen on my iMac it shows that nothing has been transferred. I tried syncing the iPad after putting the chosen videos into the VLC list but that didn't work either.

Could it be that the videos are in another app? I have looked in videos, gallery, and any other that I can think of, but have had no luck.

Any info would be appreciated.

lanceloare
Sep 28, 2010, 07:14 AM
VLC is so awesome on my iMac and can't wait to use it when I get an iPad. If it can play all those .mkv, XviD files and subtitles, too, then it is a total win

ltsching
Sep 28, 2010, 07:23 AM
Tom G. If you read the reviews on App Store, you will see that quite a few people had the same problem, myself included. I can only assume that the files are not compatible. I made sure that I see the files are transferred throguh iTunes, but they did not show up in the VLC app. I was using rmvb files.

emkwan
Sep 28, 2010, 07:28 AM
I put VLC on my iPad to try it out. I followed the iPad on screen instructions to transfer videos from my iMac, but none have been transferred. Is there a step missing?

I should have transferred 4 videos with a total of about 20 MB between them, but even on the scale on the iTunes screen on my iMac it shows that nothing has been transferred. I tried syncing the iPad after putting the chosen videos into the VLC list but that didn't work either.

Could it be that the videos are in another app? I have looked in videos, gallery, and any other that I can think of, but have had no luck.

Any info would be appreciated.

any more info on this one?

Thomas Davie
Sep 28, 2010, 08:18 AM
any more info on this one?

Yup, and you won't like the answer :)

It just ain't ready for prime time.

Tom