PDA

View Full Version : What should I buy, iPad or Iphone 4g?

neuxao
Sep 28, 2010, 08:37 PM
Please can some one help me decide what to get. In the Iphone 4 I would not have internet contract. So I would use the WIFI only. Right now i have a BB Bold thats a reason why im thinking more on getting the iPad.

Can anyone please recommend me what is the best apple product to get?

PS. im a college student :)

thewireman
Sep 28, 2010, 08:40 PM
Its iPhone 4. :)

xraytech
Sep 28, 2010, 08:40 PM
Please can some one help me decide what to get. In the Iphone 4G I would not have internet contract. So I would use the WIFI only. Right now i have a BB Bold thats a reason why im thinking more on getting the iPad.

Can anyone please recommend me what is the best apple product to get?

PS. im a college student :)

First of all it's the iPhone "4"

Second of all, If you already have a phone and a laptop, there really is no need for an iPhone 4 and/or iPad.

d21mike
Sep 28, 2010, 08:50 PM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Both

neuxao
Sep 28, 2010, 08:53 PM
Its iPhone 4. :)

First of all it's the iPhone "4"

Second of all, If you already have a phone and a laptop, there really is no need for an iPhone 4 and/or iPad.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Both

seriously guys... i would like to get some good advice :rolleyes:

TRAG
Sep 28, 2010, 09:14 PM

Well honestly, if you have a BB Bold and a laptop, I'm guessing a MacBook, then you really won't see much of a gain by having either, especially the iPad. I'd consider getting an iPod Touch if I were you. They now look great and do pretty much the exact same thing. I want to say they have the same amount of RAM as an iPhone 4, but don't quote me on that. :)

But as I soon found out after having an iPod after a few months, having an iPod Touch and a phone could become a hinderance. Once I started to use great apps, I wanted to have data connection all the time, instead of only Wi-Fi. So that's when I sold it and got an iPhone. Keep that in mind! If you're considering an iPad, iPhone 4, or iPod Touch, you may do better getting the iPhone. At least with that route, you'd always have a data connection via 3G and Wi-Fi.

neuxao
Sep 28, 2010, 09:28 PM
Well honestly, if you have a BB Bold and a laptop, I'm guessing a MacBook, then you really won't see much of a gain by having either, especially the iPad. I'd consider getting an iPod Touch if I were you. They now look great and do pretty much the exact same thing. I want to say they have the same amount of RAM as an iPhone 4, but don't quote me on that. :)

But as I soon found out after having an iPod after a few months, having an iPod Touch and a phone could become a hinderance. Once I started to use great apps, I wanted to have data connection all the time, instead of only Wi-Fi. So that's when I sold it and got an iPhone. Keep that in mind! If you're considering an iPad, iPhone 4, or iPod Touch, you may do better getting the iPhone. At least with that route, you'd always have a data connection via 3G and Wi-Fi.

thanks a lot! yeah i have also a Mac book so thats why im not sure if getting the iPad, but in the other hand the iPad is ver thin and not heavy so i can carry it around the college. With my laptop some times is heavy.

thanks again!

nightfly13
Sep 28, 2010, 10:04 PM
While traveling for 6 weeks with all 3 (MBP, iPad, iPhone 4) I found I used the iPad 90% of the time - excluding calls/texting of course. As a couch browser I really love the iPad, and having such a great browsing experience anywhere with 3G is phenomenal for me, a game-changer.

I take my iPad out with me often when I'd never dream of taking my MBP. Half the time I don't end up pulling it out, but it's not a big deal to have it slung over my shoulder, and when I need to look something up, kill 10 minutes gaming (although the iPhone 4 is pretty much just as good here) or show someone family photos, the iPad shines... and the battery life awesomeness means I never have to second-guess myself about using it for extended periods - unlike my iPhone 4 where I have a niggling concern in the back of my mind that I could regret using for something frivolous and I might need it for calls later.

iOS is great, the apps get better literally every day and it's the wave of the future, if you'll forgive the cliché. Deciding which one (iPad or iPhone 4) depends on your lifestyle.

I have to say, the retina display is a bigger deal than I thought it would be - LOVE it, hate my wife's 3GS display and can't wait for a retina display iPad.

TRAG
Sep 28, 2010, 10:09 PM
thanks a lot! yeah i have also a Mac book so thats why im not sure if getting the iPad, but in the other hand the iPad is ver thin and not heavy so i can carry it around the college. With my laptop some times is heavy.

thanks again!

Well why don't you tell us why you want an iPad?

neuxao
Sep 28, 2010, 10:55 PM
Well why don't you tell us why you want an iPad?

the main reason to go to classes and not be worried about the weight. also because I really like the applications and the comfort of having access to the internet instantly. those are the main reasons, the last one is because i really enjoy technology stuff :)

thanks again for the anwsers!

riam
Sep 28, 2010, 11:03 PM
if most of the time you use your Macbook for mails and browsing and photos, the ipad is great for that, get it and you will stop using your macbook, you will use it 20% of the time. Ipad is Great

Maziar
Sep 29, 2010, 02:26 AM
I have both and love them, and use them for different usages. iPad is better for web-surfing,watching vids and reading books whereas I use my iPhone door taking pictures/vids, and listening to music and of course phone functionality.

nixiemaiden
Sep 29, 2010, 01:08 PM
the main reason to go to classes and not be worried about the weight. also because I really like the applications and the comfort of having access to the internet instantly. those are the main reasons, the last one is because i really enjoy technology stuff :)

thanks again for the anwsers!

If this is what you want a device for then I say go with the iPad. The iPhone would not be very useful for viewing or taking lecture notes.

ThatsMeRight
Sep 29, 2010, 02:39 PM
I have both and I use them in total different situations. I prefer to use my iPad when on the couch, watching TV or something like that but when I'm 'out in the open' I prefer my iPhone because it's more handheld.

Browsing on the iPad is a beaty.

bowlerman625
Sep 29, 2010, 03:09 PM
Help apple stock.

Get both!

xraytech
Sep 29, 2010, 03:40 PM

Did you just roll your eyes at me? XD

You have a Mac Laptop and unless it's a 17" monster, it shouldn't be a problem toting it around. You get a lot more done with a conventional Laptop.

You already have a BB so you really have no need for an iPhone 4.

Unless you have a serious case of Gadget Lust you really do not need an iPad and an iPhone 4.

Just my $0.02

And FYI, I drank the juice. I'm as Pro Apple as they get. But when friends an family ask me if they should get Apple Product "X", I always ask them what do they do and have right now? And, will Apple Product "X" do it better for you? And let them decide.