PDA

View Full Version : Help - iPad calendar events don't sync to MobileMe

ero87
Sep 28, 2010, 09:35 PM
So my iPad is fine at receiving calendar events from MobileMe (or events that I create on my computer or iphone, they go straight to my iPad). But any event that I create on my iPad does not go to the other devices. Any ideas? Thanks :)

ero87
Sep 29, 2010, 08:59 AM
Any ideas? Does nobody else have this issue?

flopticalcube
Sep 29, 2010, 09:09 AM
You are not alone. I have the same issue. If I come across a solution, I will post it here.

mrathee
Sep 29, 2010, 09:32 AM
There was a solution to this somewhere on the forums. I cant remember where and I wasnt able to find it just now.

There is a way to create a new account under emails that is JUST for the mobileme calendar.

it solved my problems completely.

Try googling something along those lines

EthanNixon
Sep 29, 2010, 09:43 AM
Create a CALDAV calendar with cal.me.com as the server. Then use your login and password. Once iOS 4.x is released, you can delete it.

FarSeide
Sep 29, 2010, 09:44 AM
When creating events on your iPad, check to see what "Calendar" category your creating the events under. If its "iPad", it will only exist on your iPad and no other. What I do is I set my default calendar to one of my MobileMe categories so that it propagates through out my devices and MM.

I hope this helps.

anthonymoody
Sep 29, 2010, 09:54 AM
I sometimes have a similar problem. I have an iPad and iPhone4, and sometimes events don't properly get copied, or deleted, from one device to the other. Other times, I get multiple instances copied back and forth, so that by the time I notice there are six or eight instances of the same event.

It's a PITA but usually seems to pass eventually.

FarSeide
Sep 29, 2010, 09:56 AM
I sometimes have a similar problem. I have an iPad and iPhone4, and sometimes events don't properly get copied, or deleted, from one device to the other. Other times, I get multiple instances copied back and forth, so that by the time I notice there are six or eight instances of the same event.

It's a PITA but usually seems to pass eventually.

Make sure that you when you sync your iPad or iPhone to iTunes, your not syncing it with iCal, Address Book or even mail.

anthonymoody
Sep 29, 2010, 10:02 AM
Make sure that you when you sync your iPad or iPhone to iTunes, your not syncing it with iCal, Address Book or even mail.

Syncing none of the above, on either device.also, fwiw i hardly ever sync as my iPad is my primary computer, and both it and the iPad are gh enough capacity that I don't feel a need to swap media on/off device that often.

b.c.
Sep 29, 2010, 10:51 AM
When creating events on your iPad, check to see what "Calendar" category your creating the events under. If its "iPad", it will only exist on your iPad and no other. What I do is I set my default calendar to one of my MobileMe categories so that it propagates through out my devices and MM.

I hope this helps.

works for me, any event I create on iPad gets sync'ed to my Mac, and vice versa. iPhone as well.

perhaps the above suggestion by @FarSeide would help? - in my case, my default iPad calendar is same as one on my Mac.

just another thought - have you tried resetting sync data from your Mac in System Preferences/MobileMe/Sync/Advanced... ? e.g. make sure your calendar on Mac side is correct, then reset/replace all calendar info on MobileMe _from_ the data on your Mac

MacDryCleaner
Sep 29, 2010, 10:52 AM
OP -

I know exactly what you are talking about. My MBP, iMac, iP4 all sync beautifully with MM. My iPad syncs sporadically at best. SO FRUSTRATING I KNOW. I spoke for 6, yes, 6 hours on the phone with Apple MM support. Here is what we ended up doing:

-Turned off syncing on all devices. On iP4 and iPad this meant deleting contacts and calendars when prompted by the device.

-Make backups of iCal and Contacts!!!!! <-------- IMPORTANT

-Find iSync on your computers, go to preferences and clear sync history.

-Start next with your computer, turn on MM syncing, go to advanced and overwrite MM content with content from your computer. If MM has been corrupted this SHOULD set it straight. A clean upload TO MM FROM your computer SHOULD produce results moving forward.

**OPTIONAL STEP, BUT I DID IT AND MAYBE YOU SHOULD TOO**
-Do a clean install of your IOS device. Just wipe the damn thing clean, back to basics and even though nobody likes doing it it might be a good idea. It's up to you.

-Now, activate MM on your IOS device and let the default push settings stay as is. Your info will now populate. It 'should' work.

However, there is, "One More Thing ...."

This process worked for me for about two days. Then, just as before my iPad and ONLY my iPad began not syncing again. It is almost as if there is a hardware problem (I know, there isn't) that is keeping it from syncing correctly. I say that because so many people's iPad syncs just fine and for a while mine did too. The only other thing I can think of is if there possibly is an app that is on my ipad that is obstructing things. I, of course, would think that to be impossible but it's all I got. If you would like to contact me privately we could identify which apps we have in common and see if we can get to the bottom of all of this.

Either way, my iPad and your iPad just don't sync.

See ya.

ero87
Oct 14, 2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks for all your replies, I just fixed it!

I think the issue was that I followed the "Add CalDav" account step instructed by the new MobileMe, but I also had the MobileMe under accounts set up to sync calendars. So i had 2 syncings going on, and that was messing it up for some reason. Anyway, I unchecked Calendars under my MobileMe account on my iPad and redid the CalDav setup - now it works!

MacDebbie
Dec 2, 2010, 07:11 PM
Hi everyone. We have an Imac; a MacAir; and two Ipads. Here is how we fixed the problem being discussed on this thread:

Anytime I enter info into the calendar on any device, I also change the "calendar" choice in the new event menu to a calendar listed on MobleMe. You will then see everything on all devices. Be patient, it takes a couple minutes or so for it to show up on the Ipad calendar. It's really that easy. Our Ipads just didn't want to push either, so even from the Ipad you can set up an event to MobileMe

If you currently have information set on your other devices that is not showing up on your Ipad...click on the event on your desktop calendar, select edit, and change what calendar it is stored on. Like wise, if you have an event that is on your Ipad and not sharing to your other devices, use your Ipad to edit the event and change it to a calendar on MobileMe.

Hope this helps someone.