PDA

View Full Version : Does apple case protect against drops?

redryder
Sep 28, 2010, 09:51 PM
Hi guys, Iíve finally taken the plunge and ordered the ipad online. Now I need to look for a case.

There are so many to choose from, its very confusing. Iíd like a case to be as slim as possible, but yet retain some protection from drops. Iím not too concerned about all-round scratch protection, I just want a case to provide some friction and make it comfortable to hold while reading. The apple case is actually perfect in that regard, but it doesnít seem to provide much cushioning against drops.

Any suggestions?

Nhwhazup
Sep 28, 2010, 09:59 PM
Thankfully, I've never dropped my iPad. If you are not looking for full edge protection and like an open bezel my two favorites are the Yoobao slim and the Cyber Acoustics. Tried many case recommendations from this forum and these two in my opinion are the best made in this price point. I use my iPad mostly in the typing and landscape modes and both of these cases work well.

nlkccom
Sep 28, 2010, 10:34 PM
I highly recommend the Sena case sold in the apple store. It cost a little more than the other cases, but I think it provides decent protection and it's not too thick.

chiefroastbeef
Sep 29, 2010, 03:37 AM
The apple case will definitely not protect the iPad from drops. It is an overprices, easily dirtied sleeve that does an okay job.