Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Not sure if this should be placed here or in the iPad app section. Mod's please move if this is not where it should be.

Finally, the Remote app has been updated for the iPad.

Overall, I am happy with the format. However, there are a few things that need fixed/reformatted. The biggest complaint is when I select sort by songs, it sorts the songs in alphabetical order by artist. :confused: my second gripe is that when I sort by album, it doesn't group multiple artists together. For example, soundtracks cannot be listened to in it's entirety. I need to select an artist and listen to just them. I will be sending feedback on this to Apple.

Here are a couple screen shots of the new app.

d19fa49f.png

647c8a25.png

Jinkst

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2008
London via Sydney
I quite like the new iPad version. It's working well for my needs so far. Things might change as I use it more and hopefully updates will come along to fix any issues.

Syncs nicely with my AppleTV and iMac and fixes up the old shabby icon on the retina display of my iPhone 4. Win win.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Anyone know how I can leave feedback regarding my issues with the new Remote app?

I seem to be going around in circles on the Apple Support site.

Thanks!

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
my second gripe is that when I sort by album, it doesn't group multiple artists together. For example, soundtracks cannot be listened to in it's entirety. I need to select an artist and listen to just them. I will be sending feedback on this to Apple.

Do you have them set up as compilations in iTunes?

Attachments

• compliation_settings.png
    compliation_settings.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 83

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Here's a before and after shot of my library, using the iPod App as I have it to hand, when it's linked to the library on my iMac.

You can always create compilation albums later, but I do think this is why you're seeing what you're seeing.

Attachments

• before.png
    before.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 89
  • after.png
    after.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.