Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ImAnAppleFanboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2010
What is going on here? FedEX tracking of my AppleTV shows it went to Alaska, then Tennessee then back to Alaska? WTF, its supposed to be headed to Massachusetts?! Talk about slow boat from China.

Sep 29, 2010 5:28 AM Int'l shipment release ANCHORAGE, AK
Sep 29, 2010 4:08 AM In transit MEMPHIS, TN
Sep 29, 2010 2:54 AM In transit MEMPHIS, TN
Sep 29, 2010 1:52 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Sep 28, 2010 5:36 PM Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
Sep 28, 2010 11:55 AM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
Sep 28, 2010 5:07 PM In transit LANTAU ISLAND HK
Sep 28, 2010 12:27 AM Picked up SHENZHEN CNPackage received after FedEx cutoff
Sep 28, 2010 12:27 AM Left FedEx origin facilitySHENZHEN CN
Sep 27, 2010 8:29 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

ImAnAppleFanboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2010
A simple search of the phrase "international shipment release" would have given you the answer.

It's not in Alaska.

I did that. Actually there seem to be a few different answers out there - several from people claiming to be in either the Import/Export business or having worked for FedEx and they all say slightly different things.

In any event the tracking shows Alaska, Memphis, and back to Alaska. If "international shipment release" were a release from US customs in Alaska why would it travel from Alaska to the FedEx hub in Memphis and back to Alaska? It should have been released the first time it stopped in Alaska before it went to Memphis.

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
I believe it is just the way FedEx scans the shipments.

I have two that are on the way from one order. One tracks just like yours and one doesn't mention Memphis at all. The tracking numbers are sequential.

My guess is they are in the same location on the way to Memphis.

This is not an overnight or two day shipment but "International Economy Distribution".

You are NOT guaranteed delivery on Sept 30 as it says "Estimated delivery".

I have bought many things from Apple that were shipped from China. They always arrived by the estimated day. Once they came a day early.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.