Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Do you need to plug a power cord in the wall, or does the new Apple TV just require one cable (the hdmi cable from apple tv to television set)? I'm trying to figure out if there will be 2 wires (hdmi + power cord) connecting into the Apple TV or just one (hdmi)? Thanks.

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Two cords. HDMI spec doesn't do power. Cheers!

James

Thanks! What about the iTunes and Netflix settings, can I store my password in there or do I have to type it each time? And can we just manually type the keystrokes from our iPhone Qwerty touchscreen keyboard, or does it just allow us to do finger gestures only?

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Thanks! What about the iTunes and Netflix settings, can I store my password in there or do I have to type it each time? And can we just manually type the keystrokes from our iPhone Qwerty touchscreen keyboard, or does it just allow us to do finger gestures only?

It remembers your passwords and the iPhone/iPod/iPad remote has a keyboard that pops up when the menu has text entry options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.