PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) 64GB WifiPad problems.

Mars478
Sep 29, 2010, 06:57 PM
Hey there,
Today I bought a Wifi iPad 64GB from a friend who didn't want it anymore for 200$ (rich kid, amazing price :D). So I set it up and I notice a few things.
- One small dent in the back to the top right of the Apple Logo
- Some scratches on the glass.

But here's the main problem, the digitizer appears to apply touches by itself and it does weird stuff and does not respond to my touches anymore. If I lock it and apply pressure to the sides it begins to work for like 15 minutes and then it breaks again. Apart from that it's great and I love this thing.

The iPad has a warranty until May 31 2011, If I bring it to the Apple store would they replace it even though im not the original owner?

prot0type
Sep 29, 2010, 11:31 PM
Have you registered the iPad under your name yet? You might be able to exchange it.

However, if you can obtain a receipt or at least a copy you may have better luck.

Mr Kram
Sep 29, 2010, 11:37 PM
Sounds like it wasn't such a good deal. I don't think they will warranty any damage caused by neglect.

Mars478
Sep 30, 2010, 04:52 PM
Took it to the Apple store and they told me that they would firmware restore it (more than just software restore) and it fixed the problem for now. They said that if the problem happens again, they will automatically replace the iPad.

How do I register unber my name?