PDA

View Full Version : New ATV not in iTunes sidebar?

musicpenguy
Sep 29, 2010, 08:35 PM
I'm wondering if anyone else with new AppleTVs has it in the iTunes sidebar?

I've turned on home sharing and it streams great!

The only way I can get it to show up in iTunes is if I simply plug the ATV via USB into my Mac with no power cord or HDMI

Any ideas - or is this new ATV not supposed to be seen in iTunes (expect for the AirPlay area)

Thanks!

Arran
Sep 29, 2010, 08:38 PM
I'm seeing the same thing. Thought it was a fault at first, but I guess there's no need for it to show up in the sidebar, since it has no local storage: It's simply a streaming destination for iTunes, like an airport express with AirTunes.

Bcos17
Sep 29, 2010, 08:46 PM
I also do not have it showing up on the Itunes sidebar. I think this is the way its supposed to be. I would imagine we won't have the problem of our apple tvs losing connection with our itunes anymore as a result of this switch to home sharing.

Arran
Sep 29, 2010, 08:50 PM
...I would imagine we won't have the problem of our apple tvs losing connection with our itunes anymore...

Ah-ha! I'd forgotten about that old problem.

I guess it might still disconnect - we just won't know while sitting in front of our Macs.

Ignorance is bliss :)

CrAkD
Sep 29, 2010, 08:51 PM
anyone else have a hell of a time getting home sharing to show up? I turn it on and off on both my computer and ATV like 3-4 times and the apple tv even crashed once before it finally showed up.

DeusInvictus7
Sep 29, 2010, 09:43 PM
anyone else have a hell of a time getting home sharing to show up? I turn it on and off on both my computer and ATV like 3-4 times and the apple tv even crashed once before it finally showed up.

Yep mine froze and I had to disconnect it from power to get it back up. And Home Sharing was taking a while to show up too but now its good to go.