Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redryder

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
Hi guys. I have an anti-glare screen protector on my ipod touch, but I don’t like the slight blurriness it imparts on the screen. It’s great for fingerprints, but the bare screen looks so much better.

My new ipad is in the mail, and I’m thinking about screen protection now. I know it’s been debated to death here, some people say it’s not necessary while some websites (ilounge) say it is. I’d probably get one just for the peace of mind.

I don’t want to get an anti-glare protector again, but some of the reviews I read about clear protectors mentioned that the screen becomes too reflective. In other words, the protector actually makes it harder to read on the ipad than without one. My PSP’s screen protector is like that, it behaves like a mirror and it is very annoying to see my face staring back at me when I play games.

If that’s true, then I would go without protection completely.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I ran my iPhone 3GS with a bare screen for almost a year with really no scratches. When I got my iPad I originally put it in the Apple case with no screen protection. I'm really careful and kept my screen really clean. Even being so careful and with no incidents that I could say would cause a scratch, after just only 3 months I could see a couple of very light surface scratches. I tried a few screen protectors including the Zagg and the Power Support anti-glare. I ended up settling and am totally happy with the Power Support crystal. I find the tactile feel of the screen the same and the clarity of the screen is as good as naked. I have not noticed any additional glaring from this protector. It was fairly easy to install with a little patience. I have a perfect installation - no bubbles, no dust. Seriously you can't tell there is anything there. With the Power Support Crystal it is as good as running naked but better as my iPad is also protected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.