PDA

View Full Version : Best English dictionary app

exe163
Sep 30, 2010, 01:34 AM
Right now I am using dictionary.com free app, just because it's free. I want something that work similar to the dictionary for Mac, which I believe is based on the Oxford American Dictionary and Thesaurus. There are a lot of dictionary based on Oxford and I don't know which one to pick, not to add that they are expensive in most cases.

Any recommendation? I have used the Audio Concise version on my friend's iphone, pretty decent but I still see a lot room for improvement, and it's $30.

ikaveh
Sep 30, 2010, 04:18 PM
Right now I am using dictionary.com free app, just because it's free. I want something that work similar to the dictionary for Mac, which I believe is based on the Oxford American Dictionary and Thesaurus. There are a lot of dictionary based on Oxford and I don't know which one to pick, not to add that they are expensive in most cases.

Any recommendation? I have used the Audio Concise version on my friend's iphone, pretty decent but I still see a lot room for improvement, and it's $30.

i guess longman dictionary of contemprorary english is the best

logitechFan
Sep 30, 2010, 10:47 PM
I have Longman Contemporary English dictionary too, and it's great. But having said that these days for some reason I use dictionary.com app.

Whatever happens, don't buy Concise Oxford English Dictionary!

jim.lynch
Oct 1, 2010, 01:49 AM
I have the Concise Oxford English Dictionary and like it very much.

Do you mean best app or best dictionary. Or cheapest.

gpatrick15
Oct 1, 2010, 08:19 AM
I have the Concise Oxford English Dictionary and like it very much.

Do you mean best app or best dictionary. Or cheapest.

Possibly a combination of all three