Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trat

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
Hmm, makes me wonder why we still haven't seen a new Skype version with front camera support.

stlredbird

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2009
Video chatting over a cellular network definitely a plus. I'll wait for some reviews though. Thanks for the link!

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
Thanks for the heads up on this app, just sent my wife and a few friends an invite. Will test it out later and see how it looks.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Video chatting over a cellular network definitely a plus. I'll wait for some reviews though. Thanks for the link!

Well the App is free.. but feel free to wait. I'm waiting for one of my friends to download it to test...

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
just tried it out - iphone to iphone. not bad, even over 3g. waiting for one of my android friends to download.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
Sounds like Knocking Live Video, which has been out for quite some time, to me.
I use Knocking live withe friends on android, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, etc. for some time. Its pretty neat to.

Since they both do the same thing, not sure how they'd stack up side by side.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Sounds like Knocking Live Video, which has been out for quite some time, to me.
I use Knocking live withe friends on android, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, etc. for some time. Its pretty neat to.

Since they both do the same thing, not sure how they'd stack up side by side.

Is knocking live now two way? When I first got it (rarely used) it was only one way - one could show video - the other could receive.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I wish their was a desktop version of Tango. That would be awesome. Even better would be a mobile Google Voice/Video Chat that could communicate with its desktop version.

Alisstar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Orlando, FL
I just tried Tango. The video calls are pretty good, even over 3G. Only downside I noticed is that the app is very power-hungry.

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2010
I invited a few people to Tango. They set up their accounts right in front of me and they don't show up in my contact lists. App is useless...

BurntReality

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Tyler, TX
I just tried it out and seems to be very buggy
I could see my girlfriend on the other end and she also seen herself on the screen. She couldn't see me at all.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
I invited a few people to Tango. They set up their accounts right in front of me and they don't show up in my contact lists. App is useless...

i'm not sure how tango recognizes other users, but it must be through either the email or phone they provide. make sure that you have all the pertinent info from you friends. sometimes, people use an odd email address just for signing up for things like this.

Alisstar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Orlando, FL

The app isn't useless. You're just impatient.

Remove the app from the dock and run it again. Then wait about 10 seconds. You then should see them pop up.

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2010
The app isn't useless. You're just impatient.

Remove the app from the dock and run it again. Then wait about 10 seconds. You then should see them pop up.

Impatient? I downloaded it at 11AM this morning. I re downloaded it at 1PM. People are right in front of me signing on and none of us see each other. Not sure how much more patient I can be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.