Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Does anyone else experience this.

When the little recycle icon in ur tray starts spinning doing a random backup to mobileme on your mac the system gets really slow. To the point where the mouse gets really laggy and the system becomes almost non usable?

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas

When the little recycle icon in ur tray starts spinning doing a random backup to mobileme on your mac the system gets really slow. To the point where the mouse gets really laggy and the system becomes almost non usable?

My 2 oldest mac's did that bad (12" G4 powerbook and 20" G4 iMac). When I replaced them with 27" quad i7 and 13" MBP iDisk became real quick. Only cost me $3,800 to fix the issue... How old is your mac?

Playgear

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2010

My 2 oldest mac's did that bad (12" G4 powerbook and 20" G4 iMac). When I replaced them with 27" quad i7 and 13" MBP iDisk became real quick. Only cost me $3,800 to fix the issue... How old is your mac?

Yes, hardware specs are required to provide advice on this issue :)

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
It's only a year old macbook pro, 4 gigs of ram core 2 duo 3.06 ghz.

So it's no dog :p

I'm really thinking about formatting this thing and reinstalling osx. My dad just got a brand new macbook pro, that's only a 2.8 ghz and it screamms compared to mine. Maybe I just have to much nonsense loading.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.